The EE braggers thread!!!

I think it's really just the luck of the draw with roosters. Especially EEs since we so often are unsure of their parentage. I have had 3 EE roos, one is still pretty young so I can't say for sure with him yet but none of them have ever shown signs of aggression. I have had 4 other roosters of different breeds and have never had a problem. Then some people can't seem to find a nice one! The only way I know to help your chances would be to pick a rooster of a breed that's known for being docile, or an EE roo that has a known parentage of docile breeds. Besides the EEs, my favorite roosters have been cochins and brahmas. The brahma in my profile pic is the best boy I've ever had. Protects the girls and is openly friendly to all my other animals and any people that come in the yard. He is also so huge (13lbs) that he is intimidating to a lot of people even though he would never try to hurt anyone lol. I call him the guard rooster
lol.png

This is what mine ended up looking like,
big_smile.png

She is a muted orange with black barring, black beard. Her black is almost dark brown, though, not as "black" a black as her sister, who was a chipmunk

So the conclusion is what? Not every splotchy patterned bird is a boy!
tongue.png
Bonnie looked like a quilt!

_MG_6111.jpg
I REALLY like this! Idk what to call it, "cinnamon" springs to mind! Like someone just took to spicing :)
I like pics like this, you can really see the personality in her eyes, the reason we all fell for our ee's........ :)

I think it's really just the luck of the draw with roosters. Especially EEs since we so often are unsure of their parentage.  I have had 3 EE roos, one is still pretty young so I can't say for sure with him yet but none of them have ever shown signs of aggression. I have had 4 other roosters of different breeds and have never had a problem.  Then some people can't seem to find a nice one! The only way I know to help your chances would be to pick a rooster of a breed that's known for being docile, or an  EE roo that has a known parentage of docile breeds. Besides the EEs, my favorite roosters have been cochins and brahmas.  The brahma in my profile pic is the best boy I've ever had. Protects the girls and is openly friendly to all my other animals and any people that come in the yard.  He is also so huge (13lbs) that he is intimidating to a lot of people even though he would never try to hurt anyone lol. I call him the guard rooster :lol:
Maybe if the OP is experiencing all bad roosters, it's the people's energy around them. Roosters are like dogs, and feed off energy. If you are confident and unafraid, they don't bother you. If you are terrified and uneasy and nervous, they can react badly.

My Houdan will kick the back of a visitor's calves if they are overwhelmed or nervous. He leaves me alone 100%. I will follow him around with a stick, and just touch him with it. I want him to feel uneasy around me. A rooster who is not afraid of humans is a threat in any breed (except maybe silkies - all my roos are friendly and polite with humans).

So, does anyone else besides me think that EE's look more like birds of prey than they look like chickens? Maybe it is the lack of wattles and the small combs, but there's a regal and somewhat menacing look to most EE's...roos and hens both.

However, with girls like my Paula, their rotund bodies kind of negate their fierce faces.
lau.gif

Nah, to me i see a happy and mischevious look? When they've gone all serious on you it usually means there is food at stake; idk about any one else's but mine were never late to supper! very serious about their "eats"!

My two i just posted have a hawkish look due to the curved beak, they both have orloff a bit back in their ancestry. Orloffs are supposed to look hawkish and "menecing" but they are kinda round too, lol.

So, does anyone else besides me think that EE's look more like birds of prey than they look like chickens? Maybe it is the lack of wattles and the small combs, but there's a regal and somewhat menacing look to most EE's...roos and hens both.

However, with girls like my Paula, their rotund bodies kind of negate their fierce faces.
lau.gif
frow.gif
I do. Well the Wheaten ones look, just like a bald eagle,
hit.gif
to bad a hawk took, my little bald eagle.

Back
Top Bottom