The EE braggers thread!!!

Blues come in ALL shades. ;)

So they are blues? They all look the same right now, and I have one that is 2 weeks old, and except the couple of white wing feathers, they are definitely black. :confused:

If you are questioning it, it is mostly likely blue.  Black is VERY CLEAR.

Oh I hope you're right :fl

Just thought I would tell you about how most of my chickens got sick this week and gave me a scare....runny noses, watery eyes. Wouldn't get off their roost for days! Well, guess what.....not one of my EEs caught whatever the others had....not the adult EEs nor the baby EEs! They are well and still laying eggs! The others, RIR, BO, BR and now the Marans rooster, all got sick. Happily they are all getting better and actually went free ranging today instead of staying on their roost in the run! Go EEs! Love them!

Just thought I would tell you about how most of my chickens got sick this week and gave me a scare....runny noses, watery eyes. Wouldn't get off their roost for days! Well, guess what.....not one of my EEs caught whatever the others had....not the adult EEs nor the baby EEs! They are well and still laying eggs! The others, RIR, BO, BR and now the Marans rooster, all got sick. Happily they are all getting better and actually went free ranging today instead of staying on their roost in the run! Go EEs! Love them!

Sorry to hear that your other birdies have been sick. Pretty awesome that the EEs weren't effected.... maybe something to do with the fact that EEs are normally quite a few different breeds in one....deeper gene pool = less sickness maybe :)

I think I would have a mild heart attack if most of my birdies became ill
barnie.gif

Least they are getting their butts back into gear & getting some exercise & nature treats!

Sorry to hear that your other birdies have been sick. Pretty awesome that the EEs weren't effected.... maybe something to do with the fact that EEs are normally quite a few different breeds in one....deeper gene pool = less sickness maybe :)

I think I would have a mild heart attack if most of my birdies became ill
barnie.gif

Least they are getting their butts back into gear & getting some exercise & nature treats!
Yea, I was so upset, I told my DH that maybe I should take back the incubator I got for Christmas (yea, I know it's not Christmas yet, but who could wait!!!) I felt like I was some kind of failure for letting by babies get sick.....I only have 8 adults and 6 chicks and they free range and were really healthy and robust! My DH says they don't know they are chickens. Anyway, 3 of the chicks are new, so maybe one of them had something and brought it in because it was the one chick who got sick first. Almost lost her. Had to keep dipping her beak in boiled egg yolk "soup" to get something healthy into her. She lost so much weight and was so dehydrated that her feathers were actually brittle. But now she is back with her flock and was playing well outside with them today! Yea! This was the first time I had to deal with sick chickens. One of our local farmer friends who had chickens for years said he had bouts of sicknesses off and on. Anyway, It was very stressful to me for them to be sick. I love my little flock!

So I've read on here that light colored chicks are usually roo's. I wished not I have a pretty blonde chick and would love for it to be pullet

I guess time will tell, but I do hope. Either way I'm excited about my light colored chick. since it came from a blue dad, and a black mom...

But you know those EE's you always get a SURPRISE.

Here's my Brown Chick from the same parents

It isn't so much the light yellow chicks as it is the light silvery chipmunk coloring. I had 3 yellow, one like yours w/ just a hint of darker colors on the tips of the fuzz all turned out female two completely white and the third this

ust thought I would tell you about how most of my chickens got sick this week and gave me a scare....runny noses, watery eyes. Wouldn't get off their roost for days! Well, guess what.....not one of my EEs caught whatever the others had....not the adult EEs nor the baby EEs! They are well and still laying eggs! The others, RIR, BO, BR and now the Marans rooster, all got sick. Happily they are all getting better and actually went free ranging today instead of staying on their roost in the run! Go EEs! Love them!

Sorry to hear about your sick birds. It sounds as if you are taking good care of them. My mixed flock which contains so many different breeds, White Ameraucanas,Black Ameraucan, Blue marans, Welsummer, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Cream Brabanter, Goldern Spangled Hamburg, Golden laced EE, and three NN for the large fowl. I am planning to change them all to EEs. These birds are my birds that survived our extremely hot summer. Looking foward to early breeding season.

If you are questioning it, it is mostly likely blue.  Black is VERY CLEAR.

yes,black is pretty obvious...im guessing you heve dark blue.

here are my am babies. the one on the far left was my black cockerel, all the others are blue... though the far right is Billy Ray/ Fabio/Rod Stewart and he is not solid blue

The one on the far left looks like my chicks in question :confused:

They definitely don't look like those blue chicks. Bummer..

The chicks look like black Australorp chicks, but smaller and with beards.

Back
Top Bottom