the [egg] wait is driving me crazy!!!

P1000174.jpg

hmm.png
barnie.gif
he.gif

23 weeks and no eggs. They are practicing to lay eggs -- squatting and going into the nest boxes--LOL!!!!
Although all 5 are 23 weeks, I have one that is defianately more mature than the others, very red wattles and comb, well anyways she hurt her toe yesterday, I'm not sure if it's dislocated or broken (but she is walking fine) just to be on the safe side I am bringing her to the vet today to get it checked out, so maybe he'll be able to tell if there is an egg in her.

Quote:
Her comb isn't floppy. Does this breed not get a floppy comb? I know my white leghorn didn't lay until her comb bent over. My Ancona's comb just started to flop a little.

I don't think speckled sussex get floppy combs. she is 26 weeks, she HAS to be close, right?

lorain's fids :

23 weeks and no eggs. They are practicing to lay eggs -- squatting and going into the nest boxes--LOL!!!!
Although all 5 are 23 weeks, I have one that is defianately more mature than the others, very red wattles and comb, well anyways she hurt her toe yesterday, I'm not sure if it's dislocated or broken (but she is walking fine) just to be on the safe side I am bringing her to the vet today to get it checked out, so maybe he'll be able to tell if there is an egg in her.

Thats a great idea! I hope her toe isn't broken
hmm.png

Quote:
not all breeds have a floppy comb. actually i think the majority do not. the Dorking is supposed to flop, but my girls haven't quite yet. they are laying however. so i don't think that's a key part of it.

Quote:
Her comb isn't floppy. Does this breed not get a floppy comb? I know my white leghorn didn't lay until her comb bent over. My Ancona's comb just started to flop a little.

I don't think speckled sussex get floppy combs. she is 26 weeks, she HAS to be close, right?

Too bad that might be another way to know she was close. I'm sure any day now you'll get your first egg! I got an egg two days ago and a wind egg yesterday. Today nothing. It's scary and exciting at the same time.

Quote:
hmm.png

Just got back from bringing Laverene to the vet--Good news-her toe isn't broken, just sprained, I have to watch for toe/foot discoloration. He did a check-up on her while she was there-He didn't feel any eggs in her. She weighed in at 4lbs, and looks to be in excellent health. Also I brought a poop sample in to check for worms. So the egg waiting continues.........

lorain's fids :

Quote:
hmm.png

Just got back from bringing Laverene to the vet--Good news-her toe isn't broken, just sprained, I have to watch for toe/foot discoloration. He did a check-up on her while she was there-He didn't feel any eggs in her. She weighed in at 4lbs, and looks to be in excellent health. Also I brought a poop sample in to check for worms. So the egg waiting continues.........​

You are so close!!!!!!My girl/s (leg horns) laid 4 days after their 24th week.
I have had 5 eggs in 6 days. My first brown one today!
woot.gif

Glad to hear that there are no injuries!

Back
Top Bottom