The Egger Flock Selection Story 2022

Would love to know!
I am hatching them this year, so I have a friend that lives on a farm (I live in the city) that will give me some eggs, so here are what I could possibly get:
Roosters:
Blue showgirl silkie
Red mix rooster
Silver mix rooster

Hens:
Rhode Island reds
Easter Eggers
White leghorns
Red mix hens
Silver mix hen

Any chick's that hatch will be mixes.

I am hatching them this year, so I have a friend that lives on a farm (I live in the city) that will give me some eggs, so here are what I could possibly get:
Roosters:
Blue showgirl silkie
Red mix rooster
Silver mix rooster

Hens:
Rhode Island reds
Easter Eggers
White leghorns
Red mix hens
Silver mix hen

Any chick's that hatch will be mixes.
You’ll have a nice variety!

You’ll have a nice variety!
Yep! Last year we hatched from the same place, but there were only the silver rooster and the rhode island red hens, so the offspring were either silver or red. All of the silver or red mixes at my friends farm are offspring of the silver rooster (who id still alive, so he could still be part of the cross). If you go to my flock thread, (I will post a link if you can't find it), Stripey and Belle are both siblings I kept from when I hatched the eggs. The only father to the chicks I hatch may be the silver rooster, because his son (the red mix rooster) and the showgirl silkie are young. If there are any showgirl mixes I will keep one of those.

x2 on the WTB, mine is amazing and very friendly.
Had to find the pic, lol, this is Betty my WTB she almost 2, she absolutely loves my husband! She was a bit of a freak when she was younger(very flighty and skitso) but once she started laying she was a completely different chicken! Can't wait to see what you pick!

Attachments

• IMG950394.jpg
    IMG950394.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211121_135907.jpg
    20211121_135907.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 8
Had to find the pic, lol, this is Betty my WTB she almost 2, she absolutely loves my husband! She was a bit of a freak when she was younger(very flighty and skitso) but once she started laying she was a completely different chicken! Can't wait to see what you pick!
Aww, she’s white! I love the fact that with Eggers and WTB you get a different look from a lot of the chicks! Glad to hear she’s friendly!

Back
Top Bottom