The EMERGENCY Thread!!!

Pics
usually when fowl pox goes into wet pox it becomes a dangerous virus because it can kill the bird due to the respiratory infection that it causes. Have you noticed any coughing sneezing nasal discharge wheezing or rattling in the chest? If there is a respiratory infection you will need to treat it with antibiotics. other than that you will need to continue providing supportive care. Give them some vitamin mineral electrolyte mix in their water, good food, clean bedding, keep them warm and dry. I would like to see some pictures of the ones with what you believe to be wet pox.
good information as always!

I would also like to point out that if there are any cankers in their throats you will want to remove those as well @MilleFleur7

HCD-Digestive-Problems-3-Large.jpg

Last edited:
EMERGENCY!!!! I can't find anything!! Ducking of 5 days keeps stretching legs forward and looks like he's forgotten how to use his legs. Was walking fine yesterday and today he wasn't walking g so I gave niacin. He keeps putting his beak on the ground and having his legs far I front of his head and freaks out and I don't know what to do please help!!

EMERGENCY!!!! I can't find anything!! Ducking of 5 days keeps stretching legs forward and looks like he's forgotten how to use his legs. Was walking fine yesterday and today he wasn't walking g so I gave niacin. He keeps putting his beak on the ground and having his legs far I front of his head and freaks out and I don't know what to do please help!!
Any other information? Brooder temp, any others acting this way, eating, pooping, pictures

Any other information? Brooder temp, any others acting this way, eating, pooping, pictures

He's a lone Ducking all his siblings died due to neglect of the owner. The duckling was found close to death and I've been taking care of him as best I possibly can. I'm not sure the temperature because I've been using a normal yellow light bulb (I'm really not sure the watts) during the day and a water bottle that I wake up and reheat at night.

I don't think I've given enough niacin which I started giving today and hopefully helps. Poop has been solid but wet, normal looking and regular pooping. I'll try post a picture to follow. I'm just worried. He was fine yesterday. Running around, swimming (warm water and dried off after.) I've been as careful as I can be doing everything I can to help

He's a lone Ducking all his siblings died due to neglect of the owner. The duckling was found close to death and I've been taking care of him as best I possibly can. I'm not sure the temperature because I've been using a normal yellow light bulb (I'm really not sure the watts) during the day and a water bottle that I wake up and reheat at night.

I don't think I've given enough niacin which I started giving today and hopefully helps. Poop has been solid but wet, normal looking and regular pooping. I'll try post a picture to follow. I'm just worried. He was fine yesterday. Running around, swimming (warm water and dried off after.) I've been as careful as I can be doing everything I can to help
you need to figure out the temp, also what is he eating? what % protein?

New Emergency: Very swollen, Hard, Hot Abdomen
UPDATE:
She drank the colloidal silver from my hand this morning.
She also drank water from bowl.
Has eaten a tiny amount of dry mash
She's looking the worst she has. Very still, head in (as per top picture)
There was an amazingly large pooh beside where she was sleeping last night (2nd picture)
Swollen abdomen pic 3)
Legs wide apart yesterday (4th pic)
1) What type of bird , age and weight isla Brown cross; 3Yrs old, feels very skinny except abdomen and quite heavy because of abdomen
2) What is the behavior, exactly. Standing around, not eating much, a little apart from flock.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Around a week
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? NO
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. NO
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. Unknown
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. water, mash, insects
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. mostly very running. Very occasionally firm
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Oil around her vent and slightly inside (4 days ago)
Warm bath 4 days ago and today
Colloidal silver via a dropper 3 times a day for 4 days.
She is up and down. I thought she was responding, her abdomen was cooler (but not cool) but she's back to mooching around the yard. I bring her in most nights.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? I want to fix her myself if at all possible. I think the prognosis is bad so unwilling to fork out $110 for starters...
Thanks for this thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom