The end of an era...

This is terrible. How many birds were taken? Unless they wrung their necks and threw them in bags, transport would be difficult. Ask around. Maybe somebody nearby saw a lot of butchering going on. They might even be selling the meat. Home freezers are only so big.

barnie.gif
That is horrible!!! Man, I would be completely sick to my stomach....I do not have locks on my coops but maybe I need some? Of course, I think the two 100+ pound dogs that would rip your throat out if you tried are also a good deterrent .
smile.png

let us know if you get any updates....I'd be driving around & scouring the neighborhood...make flyers...tell the local news media...

Quote:
dogs are mostly a "false sense of security" ,, its been proven over and over on "it takes a thief" ,,ya the dogs may be mean,, hate people,, but dont ever rely on them to secure, or protect ya homes,, most will protect to their death if the "owner" is home,,, but once their job leaves (owner) they dont feel the need to "protect" you anymore.
locks, alarms, and surveillance cameras.,, but they only "deter" when people KNOW their there. so put up signs and let them know.

Yeah, we have a bunch of signs about the dogs & micro-chips regarding the horses. We also have a few in Spanish because my MIL (neighbor) caught some hispanics trying to steal her goats, once.

One of my dogs is an LGD and it's his "job" to watch the flock, the horses, goats & our place. He does it very well, whether or not we're home.

Back
Top Bottom