The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

love.gif

Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.

Thank you, I am quite a bit better, just residual effects if the medication.

Deacon is so proud of his three girls. He mated Sammie Jo for the first time ever so I'd say eggs are forthcoming soon. She's 23 weeks old now and very red in the face.

Rachel is in a state of maternal bliss. The babies are eating and drinking and everyone is doing well.

Atlas is being adored by Druscilla, groomed to excess and he's loving that. The others seem fine with him, too, but Dru is especially enamored with the big guy.

Deacon is exhausted. He's never had his very own girls before and tonight, he was standing there on the big wide roost like he had had the most tiring day with his three girls running him ragged. BUT, he seems very happy to have them and isn't fighting at the fence much with the bantam roosters on either side of him.

Sammie Jo laid her first egg yesterday.

Last edited:
Sounds like everything is going smooth now.....Rachel enjoying motherhood and the roos enjoying the company of their girls. Congratulations to Sammie Jo!

Already hand-tamed - The Chicken Whisperer
lol.png

And isn't she a happy-looking mom!

I am relieved that she settled into her role so well after worrying me for a day or so. You just never know what a newbie will do. But, she's taking after her mother, Dottie, and lets me reach under her and scoop out the babies, no fear of what I'll do, trusts me and DH completely with them. Smart girl like her mama. I have no doubt she'd be fierce when she needed to be, though. When mama trusts us, usually the chicks learn to trust us quickly, too. They do take their cues from mom.

The weather is frightfull today , I wonder about tonight. Its 38 with rain right now. I love the barred rocks they seem so serene. The one I have is. Do you have boy or girlly chicks. They are precious.

Back
Top Bottom