The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Well put, Cheryl. When he gets rid of all the dead wood on the tree, it can grow. She's most definitely been dead wood, almost since the beginning, as far as I'm concerned. She literally stalked the set of Vampire Diaries to get photos with the cast, though he was with her at the time, but she puts all those photos in picture frames and has them all around the house. That seems a little teenager-y to me. She's all about stars, both TV and music, and seems to think she's their age. Sorry, they see her as a middle aged chubby woman, not their peer.

Here's one I snapped a picture of in their greatroom when I was there around the time my father passed on. She's on the left. No idea who the other woman is, though.View attachment 1498180
Yikes. I stopped doing that about age 16. :confused:

Tell him you may end up in a wheelchair again, and don't want him to have to carry you upstairs ;)
Hi - I'v been reading (translated ... lurking) for a bit on this thread, but haven't chimed in. I can tell you how we got around the "Is it big enough for a wheelchair" issue with my cousin. He had a bad back and needed something to haul work and hobby stuff up to his home office. He'd been trying to get his son to take a big, bulky heirloom dresser off his hands for some time, so his wife asked him, "Do you really want to haul that beast down two flights of stairs to get rid of it?" The lift went in - and is more than big enough to handle a wheelchair ... or that nasty old dresser if he can ever talk his son into taking it!

Hi - I'v been reading (translated ... lurking) for a bit on this thread, but haven't chimed in. I can tell you how we got around the "Is it big enough for a wheelchair" issue with my cousin. He had a bad back and needed something to haul work and hobby stuff up to his home office. He'd been trying to get his son to take a big, bulky heirloom dresser off his hands for some time, so his wife asked him, "Do you really want to haul that beast down two flights of stairs to get rid of it?" The lift went in - and is more than big enough to handle a wheelchair ... or that nasty old dresser if he can ever talk his son into taking it!

Glad you're here! I just want the lift to not look too ugly since it's what folks see the minute they get to my steps, though we rarely have visitors. My husband wants to build the lift himself. He's researched that quite extensively and he thinks he can do it for maybe $600, far, far less than what a company would charge for it, though he needs to also plan for an overhead something to keep rain off of it, which I don't think he has. There are no gutters on the house and the lift won't be entirely underneath cover. There are numerous YouTube videos on building them.

Well put, Cheryl. When he gets rid of all the dead wood on the tree, it can grow. She's most definitely been dead wood, almost since the beginning, as far as I'm concerned. She literally stalked the set of Vampire Diaries to get photos with the cast, though he was with her at the time, but she puts all those photos in picture frames and has them all around the house. That seems a little teenager-y to me. She's all about stars, both TV and music, and seems to think she's their age. Sorry, they see her as a middle aged chubby woman, not their peer.

Here's one I snapped a picture of in their greatroom when I was there around the time my father passed on. She's on the left. No idea who the other woman is, though.View attachment 1498180
Now that is really weird.

Wow your son is gorgeous!

And Tom - well. Good man, no wonder he can handle all his health issues as well as he does. My dad had a positive attitude right up to the day he died (even knowing he was dying) and was one of the happiest people I've known.

LOL, that's not my son. That was one of the stars of Vampire Diaries that my son's wife was so enamoured with, Ian Somerhalder (I agree, he's a hunkarama). That's what I meant, that she has pictures of her with rock bands and TV stars but not with her husband.

Tom does well as far as attitude. He has his moments, but he still loves to build things as much as possible. And he loves saving money even more.

Here's my son with Ian on the same set.
12208456_10207631505526561_6840303932381841411_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. Hollywood may be a "hunk," but your son has kinder eyes and a much more friendly expression. I'll take "real" over "Hollywood," any day of the week!

Thank you, that's very sweet. I wish my son would get all that weight off, but maybe he will after this initial upset is over and all the stress of her is lifted. He can have all his time off work to himself to get back into fighting shape, maybe run with his beautiful white shepherd and just be himself again.

speckled, when Tom gets finished with the lift, get some vinyl, or wood lattice work, and put it on the visible side. A section of vinyl fencing would work nicely too. Plant flowers, or something by it, and it should look very nice.

I told him that as long as he made it as attractive as possible, he could build it. Thanks for the suggestions. I want to do a lot of things around here to spiffy this place up and that can just be part of it. It will take some $$, but I have a few things in mind that will make it more pleasant to live here, visually as well as physically. Naturally, I'll be right in there doing this with him and will hire out the big stuff like the carport pad and the step roof-over. I think he'd like to do that himself, but that's one of those "have to have a permit" things, being permanent. The lift is not a permanent structure so shouldn't need any permit.

Back
Top Bottom