The farmhouse is changing! Before and After Photos!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick_a_dee, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    We moved into our farm on 8 and a half acres about a month ago, and we started night one looking into getting our front porch gutted and renovated. We had originally intended on doing it ourselves, but decided it was too much work for us and called a company named, "Handyman Connection," and were hooked up with a contractor/handyman named Harry.

This is before, the enclosed porch was disgusting, mouldy, and there was an earwig nest under the flooring. Harry stripped it all back with his son helping. Here is the house when we first bought it... Before
    [​IMG]

He took out one of the posts, the centre one because it had been cut really short to sit on a weird sill thing... Below is the After... we added the trim and painted the posts, as well as stipping off all the insul brick and found ORIGINAL CEDAR SIDING! WOOOOOWWW. We will be painting the siding and brick honeysuckle white, and the posts, window/door trim, and porch trim in a colou called lightweight beige.

[​IMG]

Huge difference if you ask me!

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Wow. What a difference. Well done!! [​IMG]

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  4. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:We're having done next year, the door and the large bay window in the brick portion of the house are being taken out and put back to smaller windows as the house originally would have had, the house will be re-pointed in the spring, and we're still sanding all the floorboards upstairs in the house... we're impressed with it so far... and yahhh! rooster weathervane!

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Wonderful job! [​IMG]

6. chicamama

chicamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Topanga Ca
    Nice. It looks more tied together. I'm assuming the enclosed patio was an after on addition to the original farmhouse? I think in the before picture the windows don't tie in that well.

LOVE the AFTER.

Let's see more pics of those 8 acres!

<--------JEALOUS!

7. Chick_a_dee

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:Ohh no, it was enclosed in the 70's we think... and done really badly as well, plus the more recent owners (not the ones who did the porch, or sold the house to us) let their dog pee all over that porch, and it was slowly rotting, and it smelt disgusting.

I'll get some extra photos tomorrow of the rest of the farm!... right now we're working on cleaning out the barn, it's disgusting and they kept horses in it! UGH, HOW SICKENING.

8. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Oh my gosh!! It never fails to amaze me what "a little" bit of change can do. BEAUTIFUL job! That was a great decision. It looks "right" now. [​IMG]

9. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I love before and after renovation pictures. I agree, it looks so much nicer without the enclosed porch. Wonderful house.

10. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    Very nice! I wish I had the talent of 'remodeling' in my mind. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by