The Feather Mountain Flock!

Chick time!! :weee Got 8 new babies from tsc and big r last week, unfortunately one of the banties didn't make it so we now have 7; 4 large fowl and 3 assorted bantams (thinking we have two barred rock banties and a FRIZZLE COCHIN!!) but hopefully no roosters...here's what we got:
2x Amerucana LF
1x Silver laced Wyandotte LF
1x Black star LF
2x barred rock bantams, i think
1x frizzle cochin bantam, i think
Will get some pics up asap!!!:jumpy

Last edited:
Sorry about being inconsistent with updates, but I am hoping to change that. The chicks are 12 weeks old today!! They are outside now in the pen we made to separate the roosters, the roosters are not with them, still with the flock but the chicks are living in their quarters for the time being, until they come out, we will switch them with the roosters will be separated, they are just causing too much damage to the hens.
20170519_191359 (1).jpg Phasma & Maizee - barred rock bantams
20170524_190744.jpg Razzy - FRIZZLE COCHIN BANTAM
20170524_191020.jpg Pebbles - SLW
20170519_191011 (1).jpg Separate Rooster/chick pen (Outdoor section)
20170519_191313.jpg Separate Rooster/chick pen (Indoor section)

Chicks are out with the flock! Not the roosters though, as I said the roosters are now in the rooster pen. Winston, our Salmon Faverolle roo kept flying out of the pen though so we had to extend the fence upward so now they are 100% separated and the hens are on their way to recovery! Hopefully they will have all their feathers grown in in time for fair:fl. There are luckily still some with minimal to no feather damage though so we will definitely be showing them as well as the new babies in the pullet classes and the ducks of course!

Poor Peep (amerucana in profile pic)! Last night when we went to go put them to bed we were missing her and a few minutes later found her tightly stuck in a roll of fencing! Took us until 2am in the morning to free her but we did and she was freed without any serious injuries, just a rub on her wing! Its hard to put the situation in words but were glad she made it, she was so tightly in the roll and the metal was thick, hard to cut through! She truley is a survivor chicken! This is her 2nd possibly deadly experience (the first was when she survived a 3 dog, dog attack which killed everyone of our chickens except her).

Back
Top Bottom