The Feather Mountain Flock!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by FeatherMtnFarms, Feb 24, 2017.

1. FeatherMtnFarms

FeatherMtnFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2015
    Hi! Welcome to FeatherMtnFarms' flock thread 2.0!! After the previous thread fizzled out I decided to recreate a updated version!! So follow along for tons of chicken chat, ducky discussions, flock adventures, lots of poultry pics and more!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. FeatherMtnFarms

Sep 13, 2015
    Apparently snow + melt makes for muddy duckies, lol!
    [​IMG]
    ...and perfect photobombing conditions!! (Aurora, Splash Andalusian photobombing)
    [​IMG]

ECSandCCFS and Abriana like this.
  3. FeatherMtnFarms

Sep 13, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Poor Peep, I wonder what she is thinking (Peep; brown-red Amerucana under Hazel the Speckled Sussex)

Hopefully if one of the hens/pullets goes broody this spring, we might get our spring chicks from her!! Since we have 3 roosters she would probably hatch those eggs, they would be mixes.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So cute! Photo bomb from your girl, with the ducks! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing!

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Cute pictures (love the mud duck)!

6. FeatherMtnFarms

Sep 13, 2015
    Thank you! Sometimes I think the ducks like mud more than water, lol!

GREAT NEWS, by the way!! Accidentally broke an egg the other day so I cracked it on a plate and it was fertile! It was from one of the Andalusians! So we know that the broody girls (hopefully) this spring can hatch their own eggs, hopefully we get some more!! If any more eggs brake, I will be checking for fertility! I will post a pic later...

7. FeatherMtnFarms

Sep 13, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's The fertile egg! (I believe)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  8. FeatherMtnFarms

Sep 13, 2015
    I am really hoping Paisley, the white cochin, will start laying soon so I might be able to get some fertile eggs from her to hatch possibley because I love cochins and would love to have more...chicken math...lol.

9. FeatherMtnFarms

Sep 13, 2015
    Weather got into the 60's today and melted alot of the water...which means it got pretty muddy, knowing our weather though it will probably freeze again soon though...*sigh*:confused:

10. Cluckcluck1215

Cluckcluck1215 Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL Chicken Math I'm struggleing with it to!

I hear ya, last week 60-50s all week, starting yesterday, it's brutal! 13 out today.BRRR and that's without the wind chills!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by