THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

Is it ok to eat the first eggs laid? My do i ique just laid her first egg two days ago and one a day since. Each one is a slight different color of brown, one little speckles and the othervsolid beautiful dark brown..guess she is practicing.....not sure if first egg is ok to eat?

Is it ok to eat the first eggs laid? My do i ique just laid her first egg two days ago and one a day since. Each one is a slight different color of brown, one little speckles and the othervsolid beautiful dark brown..guess she is practicing.....not sure if first egg is ok to eat?
Yes, it's fine. Hens need a while to get on a set schedule before things start to look uniform :)

@Robin37
What kind of chickens do you have?
I have 2 Blue Cochin pullets and a Blue Andalusian pullet, these are laying age. 2 blue cochin roos, 1 Andalusian too. 1 giant black cochin. 6 roosters that I don't know what they are and 5 pullets that I don't know what they are. But I love them all. 5 EE bantams, 3 Buff Brahma bantams, 2 Porcelain bantams and 1 cute little bb red game bantam. The bantams are about 11 weeks old.

I finally got my 2nd egg. Whew, that took a long time. It took me 4 more days to find a second egg. Two of the 4 nest has the straw pushed aside where the hens lay but only one had an egg today. I'll figure this egg laying thing out yet! Lol

Back
Top Bottom