~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~ 2

"Alright, sounds like a plan. Watch yourself out there, though, he's trouble." Karen said as she prepared to ambush Droll after he was distracted with Tanis.

I'm a warrior, I can take care of myself! Tanis barely held the words back, who was Karen to assume she needed any guidance? Instead she managed a nod and leaped forwards without looking back. She approached Droll quickly from the left side and cannoned into his shoulder area. Her size and weight of course, were much smaller then his, but her momentum carried some punch.

Maggie stretched out her wings and gave them a few light, experiemental flaps to see if anything was broken. Aside from a general soreness, which was obviously to be expected after taking such a fall, everything seemed to be in working order. "Yeah I think so," she gave a half confident nod. "Lets get out of here, its a bit spooky in these trees..."

"I'm afraid it's going to be even spookier above them." Frill somberly joked, giving her a quick smile.
She stretched her wings and launched herself up, taking the least branch-full way towards the sky.

I'm a warrior, I can take care of myself! Tanis barely held the words back, who was Karen to assume she needed any guidance? Instead she managed a nod and leaped forwards without looking back. She approached Droll quickly from the left side and cannoned into his shoulder area. Her size and weight of course, were much smaller then his, but her momentum carried some punch.
Droll lurched sideways as Tanis slammed into his side. The hit was hard enough to make him stumble and trip, but only because he hadn't been expecting anything. The two dragons slid across the ground for a moment, then stopped against a small clutch of boulders in a heap with Tanis laying on top of Droll. Droll's focus had shifted from Chandler and Coraline to Tanis, and he noticed who it was that had hit him. "Well well, look who it is," he said before pushing Tanis hard, sending her tumbling off of him and a few yards away from him on the ground. He quickly got to his feet, standing on top of the rocks to give himself some kind of an extra advantage.

Meanwhile, back in the burrow that Karen had left Jessie, Connie, and Jason in, the young dragons were begining to get a bit worried. They had been waiting there since Karen had left them to investigate what was happening, but were begining to feel a little uneasy.
"Something's wrong. Mom should have been back by now," a concerned Jason said.
"Yeah, I have a feeling she might be in trouble," added Connie.
"Listen," Jessie answered, "I know what you guys are going to try to do, so don't. You can't expect me to try to keep the both of you alive out there in the middle of that chaos, can you? I'm only one girl, after all."
"It'll only take a second," Jason said. Before Jessie had time to respond, Jason turned and bolted out the enterance of the burrow with Connie following just behind him. Jessie swore under her breath and thought Great, just what I needed, Donder pass all over again. "Hey, come back here guys!" she yelled as she chased after her siblings.

(can someone have the kids be discovered and confronted, but not attacked, by some of the Pelendavians?)

Droll lurched sideways as Tanis slammed into his side. The hit was hard enough to make him stumble and trip, but only because he hadn't been expecting anything. The two dragons slid across the ground for a moment, then stopped against a small clutch of boulders in a heap with Tanis laying on top of Droll. Droll's focus had shifted from Chandler and Coraline to Tanis, and he noticed who it was that had hit him. "Well well, look who it is," he said before pushing Tanis hard, sending her tumbling off of him and a few yards away from him on the ground. He quickly got to his feet, standing on top of the rocks to give himself some kind of an extra advantage.

Coraline shifted her course slightly when he lost focus on her, and came at Droll from behind. Her claws gripped the smooth rocks fairly well, but her wounds made it difficult to climb with much speed.

Chandler rushed up behind Coraline and shoved her upwards with his head, he had his doubts about her strength, but it was too late to turn around.

With his help, Coraline was able to scale the rocks and jumped squarely on Drolls back. Her claws dug in deep as she slashed across his scales with all her strength and prepared to bite into his neck.

At the same time, Chandler dug his claws into Droll's tail and threw his weight backwards, attempting to drag him off the boulders.

Coraline shifted her course slightly when he lost focus on her, and came at Droll from behind. Her claws gripped the smooth rocks fairly well, but her wounds made it difficult to climb with much speed.

Chandler rushed up behind Coraline and shoved her upwards with his head, he had his doubts about her strength, but it was too late to turn around.

With his help, Coraline was able to scale the rocks and jumped squarely on Drolls back. Her claws dug in deep as she slashed across his scales with all her strength and prepared to bite into his neck.

At the same time, Chandler dug his claws into Droll's tail and threw his weight backwards, attempting to drag him off the boulders.

Droll realized a little too late that the trainees had come around behind him and was surprized by their sudden attack. However, in a war like this, one does not survive long by being stupid. Those who survive for any significant amount of time know how to improvize and come up with a good plan very quickly, and Droll was no exception. He felt Chandler on his tail trying to pull him off the rocks and Coraline on his back trying to rip out his spine, so he decided that, instead of resisting Chandler's pull, he purposefully hurled himself backwards off the rock perch he was on and did a half-backflip which turned him belly-up. The sudden movement plastered Coraline against his back and Chandler also ended up underneath Droll as they fell. Droll intended to land on his back when he hit the ground and crush Chandler and Coraline unless they somehow managed to move themselves, but it would be very difficult for them to do so because the boulders were not very tall in the first place and it would take Droll less than two seconds to hit the ground.

Last edited:
Droll realized a little too late that the trainees had come around behind him and was surprized by their sudden attack. However, in a war like this, one does not survive long by being stupid. Those who survive for any significant amount of time know how to improvize and come up with a good plan very quickly, and Droll was no exception. He felt Chandler on his tail trying to pull him off the rocks and Coraline on his back trying to rip out his spine, so he decided that, instead of resisting Chandler's pull, he purposefully hurled himself backwards off the rock perch he was on and did a half-backflip which turned him belly-up. The sudden movement plastered Coraline against his back and Chandler also ended up underneath Droll as they fell. Droll intended to land on his back when he hit the ground and crush Chandler and Coraline unless they somehow managed to move themselves, but it would be very difficult for them to do so because the boulders were not very tall in the first place and it would take Droll less than two seconds to hit the ground.

Meanwhile, back in the burrow that Karen had left Jessie, Connie, and Jason in, the young dragons were begining to get a bit worried. They had been waiting there since Karen had left them to investigate what was happening, but were begining to feel a little uneasy.
"Something's wrong. Mom should have been back by now," a concerned Jason said.
"Yeah, I have a feeling she might be in trouble," added Connie.
"Listen," Jessie answered, "I know what you guys are going to try to do, so don't. You can't expect me to try to keep the both of you alive out there in the middle of that chaos, can you? I'm only one girl, after all."
"It'll only take a second," Jason said. Before Jessie had time to respond, Jason turned and bolted out the enterance of the burrow with Connie following just behind him. Jessie swore under her breath and thought Great, just what I needed, Donder pass all over again. "Hey, come back here guys!" she yelled as she chased after her siblings.

(can someone have the kids be discovered and confronted, but not attacked, by some of the Pelendavians?)

(So sorry I've been gone guys! I've been sick as a dog for a few days and haven't done much of anything besides sleeping. Today I finally felt good enough to go to school, so I'm going to try and get caught up on everything here)

Quote:
Maggie watched for half a second and bit her lip, flying was no easy feat for even a dragon. She gave herself a good push from the ground with her legs, and half clawed her way up a tree before launching herself completely in the air. By the time she caught up with Frill she was breathing heavily and her face was taunt and strained. "Where is Camilla?" She panted. "Are we winning?"

Back
Top Bottom