~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bianka eyed him warily for a minute, waiting for a trick. After a minute, she moved towards the city, and reached it quickly. She walked forward confidently, as if she belonged. She carefully watched her surroundings for an attack or protest.

Lilith watched her carefully from a ledge above, hidden by the thick clouds that so often hung around the mountain. Her green cat-like eyes narrowed in a mixture of anger and annoyance while her tail flicked back and forth against the smooth rock. She recognised Bianka right away as the dragoness she had confronted earlier, and wasn't pleased to see her. What right did she have, strolling in Caronia like she owned the place? Hmph Lilith snorted, a small grin curling up the corners of her mouth and exposing the tips of her razor sharp teeth as she silently lifted into the air. Let me give her a warm, Caronian welcome then.

Tanis led her to a room near the back of the High Guard in the hospital section. The structure wasn't as tall or grand here as it was near the front, but was still brightly lit by the sun which poured in through gaps in the walls and roof. The room was large, but not so large as to make it feel cold and empty. Kyra was standing next to a large bed of moss in one corner with several neat stacks of herbs gathered on the floor. Stephan was standing beside her, his gaze deeply concerned with something more then simply Frill's condition. The citizens weren't the only ones who suspected a connection between this and Henry's killer. "Sit, please." Kyra gestured Frill over to the moss bed, her gestures were quick and urgent but her tone was gentle and almost motherly.

"What makes you say that?" Alistair turned to look at Dread. "How do you---"

"Dread is right." Maggie inturrupted, focusing her gaze on the other two dragons for the first time since she had first detected the... she wasn't sure what it was. It had started slowly, just barely creeping into the edges of her finely tuned senses, as if teasing her. Then it had gotten stronger and more intense as they got closer to the scene, she had never felt anything like it. Cold and darkness, the feeling of impending doom and destruction and ultimatly... death. Looking at Alistair and Dread she was sure that they couldn't feel it like she could, but that wasn't surprising given her abilities. But it was something more, like it was 'talking' only to her. She could feel it carassing her scales, like it was actually touching her though she knew that wasn't possible. It was all in her head. This kind of stuff didn't come from a rogue, unless that rogue was working for someone else. But even then. Something this powerful could only come from the source (assuming Silv is 'leader' of Caronia for now). "Whoever it was is gone now," she glanced quickly at Dread. "But... this was something much bigger then a rogue, and I don't mean in physical size."

Frill lay in the bed without complaint, more than happy to let her aching body relax.
Without moving her head, her eyes rested on Stephen, "You know that tale? The one of Silas, and Caronia... What if I told you I was there? That it exists? I-I am not delusional. I know what heard and saw, the mountains. When was the last time we sent some one into that mist?"

Dread just nodded, walking over to the remains. The mind behind this was well beyond twisted, broken, shattered.
He pondered whether Henry was alive during the mad-dragon's rampage, heart sickened over what Charlotte had to watch.
"I.... I just don't even know how to approach this, whether to blame our lack of guard, or what... If this happens again, or if the rest find out the state of Henry's body, we will have a panic on our hands.."

BWAUAGAUHAHUAH.

It was true, he was flawed in his pride, but he could not help himself.
By now Avalon was probably just brimming with excitement over their discovery, and it comforted him so.
He might have to take a walk by soon, or send Bianka, that's what apprentices were for. Scoping out dangerous areas, etc.
He wanted to know just how bad Avalon was taking this... This little incident.

Frill lay in the bed without complaint, more than happy to let her aching body relax.
Without moving her head, her eyes rested on Stephen, "You know that tale? The one of Silas, and Caronia... What if I told you I was there? That it exists? I-I am not delusional. I know what heard and saw, the mountains. When was the last time we sent some one into that mist?"
"I.... I just don't even know how to approach this, whether to blame our lack of guard, or what... If this happens again, or if the rest find out the state of Henry's body, we will have a panic on our hands.."

Stephan sat up a little straighter, not that he hadn't been paying attention before, but her words took him by surprise. Then, his surprise took him again by surprise as Camilla had already told him this. Of course she was right, she always was. "We never have." He said after a moment of getting over all this surprise. "Please Frill, start from the beginning."

Tanis stared at them, barely able to hold her tongue. As a young warrior she was extreamely proud to be part of such a major event, and didn't want to ruin it for herself.

Unknown to all of them, Belial was still outside waiting by the door just out of sight. His eyes snapped open when she mentioned the words 'Silas' and 'Caronia'. He knew something was wrong with her story about the rogues, the lying little prick. But she had given him a useful piece of information now, whether Stephan believed her or not he didn't know of course, but he suspected that he would. He was influenced so much by Camilla and her 'thoeries'.

"They can't know." Alistair said firmly in a tone that invited no argue. "This is going beyond simply their safety, this is their..." His voice trailed off.

"Sanity." Maggie finished softly.

Last edited:
Stephan sat up a little straighter, not that he hadn't been paying attention before, but her words took him by surprise. Then, his surprise took him again by surprise as Camilla had already told him this. Of course she was right, she always was. "We never have." He said after a moment of getting over all this surprise. "Please Frill, start from the beginning."

Tanis stared at them, barely able to hold her tongue. As a young warrior she was extreamely proud to be part of such a major event, and didn't want to ruin it for herself.

Unknown to all of them, Belial was still outside waiting by the door just out of sight. His eyes snapped open when she mentioned the words 'Silas' and 'Caronia'. He knew something was wrong with her story about the rogues, the lying little prick. But she had given him a useful piece of information now, whether Stephan believed her or not he didn't know of course, but he suspected that he would. He was influenced so much by Camilla and her 'thoeries'.

"They can't know." Alistair said firmly in a tone that invited no argue. "This is going beyond simply their safety, this is their..." His voice trailed off.

"Sanity." Maggie finished softly.

Frill wasn't sure where to start, or more importantly, whether to include Jester.
She closed her eyes and lay still for a moment before replying, "I left Avalon, crossed the border. I guess I wasn't paying attention, I was hunting. It was yesterday afternoon sometime. I... There was a dragon, it attacked me. I tried to get away, that's how I managed to get these." She paused and glanced in the direction of the wounds on her back, "It talked about Caronia, tried to drag me back there, I got away."

Dread agreed, thoroughly sickened, "What shall we do with the body? And this scene, the blood is everywhere."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom