The Fricken Chicken story!

Pics
I moved the eggs Rori is sitting on, into a rabbit cage. So she has more coverage from the other hens. They tend to be clumsy and smash them. She is such a good momma. Even after all the commotion she hopped right back on, no problem.
20200708_145559.jpg

I helped my mom rehome a couple of her rooster, this pass few weeks.

One of the Cochin twins from last year, a good friend of mine took. She has a big rooster that is up there in age. Junior is bantam version of her big boy.
received_198532184900960.jpeg

Then her friend took a D'uccle rooster because she had one single porcelain D'uccle hen that she wanted another chicken it's size. Well I did one better, I sent her with the most sweetest rooster and hen, I've ever met. My favorite of my moms rooster flock, Mr Scraggle Raggles. If you would go "Where's my Scraggle Raggles?" He would pop out of a crowd of Rooster ready to be pick up, and loved on. Never once attacked anyone, always so sweet, and even let my daughter carry him all over. I figured he will be happy with his flock of 14 hens!
received_281187949768846.jpeg
received_273516213741600.jpeg

My Scraggles right before he left for his new flock! I just love him
20200626_125610.jpg

I helped my mom rehome a couple of her rooster, this pass few weeks.

One of the Cochin twins from last year, a good friend of mine took. She has a big rooster that is up there in age. Junior is bantam version of her big boy.
View attachment 2236291
Then her friend took a D'uccle rooster because she had one single porcelain D'uccle hen that she wanted another chicken it's size. Well I did one better, I sent her with the most sweetest rooster and hen, I've ever met. My favorite of my moms rooster flock, Mr Scraggle Raggles. If you would go "Where's my Scraggle Raggles?" He would pop out of a crowd of Rooster ready to be pick up, and loved on. Never once attacked anyone, always so sweet, and even let my daughter carry him all over. I figured he will be happy with his flock of 14 hens!
View attachment 2236292View attachment 2236293
My Scraggles right before he left for his new flock! I just love him
View attachment 2236295
What a sweetheart! I'm glad you found him a great flock of his own.

Finger: OEGB and Mille Fluer D'uccle cross.
Hatch Date: June 13th, 2020

I wonder if my husband would let me turn Finger into a house chicken? Pretty sure it's a rooster. Only because it's super friendly and wants to be with me 🤷‍♀️🐓🧲. Plus it has more comb development than Thumbs (Fingers Half sibling).
Regardless of this babies gender, it is a keeper. Is it me or is this chick small for being a few days shy of a month old?
20200710_064551.jpg
20200710_064557.jpg
20200710_064559.jpg
20200710_064616.jpg

Finger: OEGB and Mille Fluer D'uccle cross.
Hatch Date: June 13th, 2020

I wonder if my husband would let me turn Finger into a house chicken? Pretty sure it's a rooster. Only because it's super friendly and wants to be with me 🤷‍♀️🐓🧲. Plus it has more comb development than Thumbs (Fingers Half sibling).
Regardless of this babies gender, it is a keeper. Is it me or is this chick small for being a few days shy of a month old?
View attachment 2236317View attachment 2236319View attachment 2236320View attachment 2236321
Sadly I don't have experience with those breeds so I have no idea on the size but what a cutie and a great name as well!

Back
Top Bottom