The Great Banana Bread Disaster of 2015

Somehow I missed this thread from long ago until today. Banana bread MUST have nuts, usually walnuts, AND cinnamon, AND nutmeg, and be eaten with or without butter, and not toasted.
So there!
It's like making chocolate chip cookies without walnuts (my DS does this outrage!). He also leaves out the cinnamon, and it's not possible to leave out cinnamon when cooking!
Mary

It's been 5 years since this abomination and I'm still greatly upset about it. You no nut people concern me with your lack of ability to appreciate quality banana bread.
I'm with you! I don't know what the heck "banana bread" is... we know it as "banana NUT bread"! I'll happily share my favorite recipe!

I'm not sure what side I'm on... I eat it both ways and like it both ways...

But I like it with chocolate chips, no nuts, and a tall glass of milk the best.

My banana bread recipe comes from the original 'The Settlement Cookbook', first printed in 1901. My disintegrating copy is from 1965, and I just got a copy redone in 1997. A must in any kitchen! I do add the cinnamon and nutmeg, not in the original recipe. Probably spices too expensive back then.
Mary

My banana bread recipe comes from the original 'The Settlement Cookbook', first printed in 1901. My disintegrating copy is from 1965, and I just got a copy redone in 1997. A must in any kitchen! I do add the cinnamon and nutmeg, not in the original recipe. Probably spices too expensive back then.
Mary
My recipe is from my great grandmother 🥰

Back
Top Bottom