The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
2:00am feather legged BCM hatched and crowed, he is huge, legs the size of my pinky finger and a comb that you could rake leaves with!
7:00am EE carbon copy of the one that hatched yesterday. Chipmunk pattern green legged.

That is so funny Bama 1! I sure wish my babies would crow that early, it would make culling alot easier and cheaper.

I am in lock down as of yesterday afternoon,I have 3 thermomators and two hygromeaters,they all read different.The humidity on one says 61% and the other whitch is right beside it reads 87%,I did calabrate and the 87 one is 5% high and the other is 4 % high.There has got to be a better one that does not cost a small fortune to buy.The temps are about the same on those two.What do you all use?

I am in lock down as of yesterday afternoon,I have 3 thermomators and two hygromeaters,they all read different.The humidity on one says 61% and the other whitch is right beside it reads 87%,I did calabrate and the 87 one is 5% high and the other is 4 % high.There has got to be a better one that does not cost a small fortune to buy.The temps are about the same on those two.What do you all use?
You should be fine with the humidity you have.

I use the one from Incubator warehouse that costs 15.99 and sits inside the incubator.

The three in the front are Wishers, left is the one that hatched yesterday sharp lines (female?) chipmunk, middle is BCM (male, he already crowed LOL) he is aggressive bites the other chicks toes, and the one on the right is the other EE blurred (male?)chipmunk. The three bantams in the background are my welcoming committee, they are the sweetest most hospitable chicks and are six days old. They are all like mother hens (even though one I believe is male). They welcomed the first one yesterday and then these other two I just put in. I have a rumpless Araucana that hatched about 4:30, he is drying off and chirping, and another egg of Wishers just started pipping. I will take the next batch out tomorrow. I have been very good about leaving them in there and only getting out once a day and have been able to time it when no one is pipped. My humidity has been high even when i get the chicks out.

clap.gif
Gooooo, Chickies!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
A couple questions... we just received our 2nd shipment ever of hatching eggs, the 1st shipment last April were Welsh Harlequin duck eggs, and
I had beginers luck with those 12 of the 14 hatched. Just received some Marraduna Basque eggs, and they took 6 days to get here USPS priority.
I unwrapped the eggs and let them sitting for 24 hours, in a cool humid place, and now am warming them up now to room temp, I read that with hatched eggs after I put them in the incubator I should not turn them for 7 days to let the air cell stabilize. Does this seem to work well for shipped eggs?

Last edited:
A couple questions... we just received our 2nd shipment ever of hatching eggs, the 1st shipment last April were Welsh Harlequin duck eggs, and
I had  beginers luck with those 12 of the 14 hatched.  Just received some Marraduna Basque eggs, and they took 6 days to get here USPS priority.
I unwrapped the eggs and let them sitting for 24 hours, in a cool humid place, and now am warming them up now to room temp, I read that with hatched eggs after I put them in the incubator I should not turn them for 7 days to let the air cell stabilize.  Does this seem to work well for shipped eggs?
You want to turn the eggs first 18 days just like any other egg!

I had beginers luck with those 12 of the 14 hatched. Just received some Marraduna Basque eggs, and they took 6 days to get here USPS priority.
I unwrapped the eggs and let them sitting for 24 hours, in a cool humid place, and now am warming them up now to room temp, I read that with hatched eggs after I put them in the incubator I should not turn them for 7 days to let the air cell stabilize. Does this seem to work well for shipped eggs?

Quote:
Check the air cell to see how damaged it is. If it looks bad or detached, set them upright with the big end up for 2 days. That allows the air cell to repair itself.

You do not need to let them rest or warm up. If they are very cold, let them come to room temperature for a couple of ours.

It is best to get them into the incubator ASAP. Age of the eggs lowers hatch rate and warming them up slowly does not increase hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom