The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

I'm wondering appx what the postage might run if you use JUST the small box. I've had a number of people wanting to buy just 4 or so eggs (my #8-9 Marans), but I don't know how much shipping to quote.
From California to Texas:

Med USPs, Online pricing, $11.30
Small USPS Priority, $5.25.

Regional is much less expensive but you need to use Stamps.com to get an online shipping label.

If you are using a single box, I would recommend using the foam inserts. I have read that there are two types--one type will not cushion the eggs. That would need to be researched or send a pm to @chiqita I think she knows which foam works for eggs.

Last edited:
This is how I pack my eggs: http://agricommunity.com/packing-eggs-to-ship/

It's working very well. Customers are reporting back good hatches. Of course many customers haven't reported back anything at all, so I can't swear there aren't any bad hatches.
The Small priority box may not work because of the small height.

It is a great way to pack!

I double box still to help with rough treatment.

you can use their medium box just input the dimensions and weight..usually about 4 lb for eggs and packaging it is only about $8..for priority ...also check out a #4 box you can order online through usps along with regional A and B boxes (cheaper shipping) all these are good for box in box and free...

Progress report, day 13. I've candled twice and evicted 8 from the original 42. From the shipped eggs: out of 12 Cooper Marans, I've pulled 2. I'm worried about 2, maybe 3 others, but its so hard to see, I'll keep them for now. Of the 9 cream legbar, I've removed 4; 3 clear, 1 blood ring. Of the 8 Bresse that made the trip, I've remove one clear, and one blood ring. I've got another that's kind of iffy, but I'll give it another week to see if I'm mistaken. From the home team of EE, I started with 13. I've pulled one clear. I'm concerned about one that seems to be half air pocket but I've left if for a while. I was most worried about the Bresse's. They must have been mishandled enroute to have the 50% initial casualties that I got, but I've still got 5 strong contenders out of the 8 I put in the incubator. I'm pretty happy with that. I can so see how you can get addicted to this! It's like Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom