The Grilling/Barbequing thread!

When we soak the corn, add salt it helps with grilling and flavoring, cool water too. When dad grills the corn he puts a damp towl (cloth) on top it cooks better
hu.gif

Nothing beats cooking over a open fire. We do it year round. Hubby's favorite wood to use is oak.
As far as meat recipes I like my meats with just a little salt and pepper. I think the wood gives it a wonderful taste.
Now pa in law injects a pork tenderloin with vodka and rubs it with a rub. He won't give up the ingredients it said its a "old redneck secret" which kinda scares me lol.

I made these Chicken Burgers recently when ground chicken was on sale. This is a combination of a couple of different recipes:

Chicken Burgers

1 lb. ground chicken
"some" chopped fresh parsley, about 2 TB
1 green onion, chopped, leaves and white part
2 cloves garlic minced or grated on microplane
1 t. Dijon mustard
2 TB Lea & Perrin's chicken marinade
1 t. Penzy's Greek seasoning
1 TB olive oil

mix all together in a bowl; form 4 hamburgers, grill on Foreman or outside or pan fry in an oiled skillet until completely done inside, no pink, 180 degrees on instant thermometer

if you don't have the marinade, you could use a couple of TBs of red or white wine

Cavendar's Greek Seasoning would sub for the Penzy's - or you could sub 1/2 t. each dried basil and dried oregano plus some salt and pepper

Here is the recipe for Duck sausage. We use all leg 1/4's and giblets for the meat

for 10 pounds of meat

10 pounds duck
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 Tablespoon white pepper
2 Tablespoon salt
2 teaspoon mustard seed
1 tespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 cup finely mixed onion

I also added some allspice, and red pepper for some extra zing.

The duck breasts we cook seperate and I'm not even going to tell ya' how good they are.
smile.png

Muscovyduckbreasts.jpg

Steve in NC

I bet I can turn some of you vegetarian
wink.png

While there is nothing tastier than a nice steak grilled Med-Rare, try grilling:

Eggplant
Sweet Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Onions
Zucchini
Tomatoes
Just cut into thick slices, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and grill until softened.
Good hot off the grill or cold to room temp the next day with some balsamic vinegar.

You can also grill stonefruit - peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums.
Ripe fruit works best.
Cut in half, remove the pit then use melted butter in place of oil and drizzle with honey
Grill until soft and serve over ice cream

Back
Top Bottom