The Grilling/Barbequing thread!

Baked some homemade Gump bread in the grill tonight....
33100_hpim5522.jpg

Here is something to try for corn soaking add sugar to your water. I do this and even the plain store bought corn tastes good.

Can we talk Ribs. I need some help as we bought a box of fresh frozen ribs. Now I need more suggestions on different ways to do them.
love.gif

Quote:
The most favored way of course is LOW & SLOW over a indirect wood fire with no marinade the night before, and remove the membrane, just use a good rub and no Texas crutching to speed it up, baste every 30 min after your bark is set, and no sauce until the last hour. that should do you fine. but most folks will never ever ever take the 6-8 hrs that this takes, for me I live for 8 hr BBQ.

AL

Last edited:
MY DH is very good at Bar-B-Que. I am going to show him this thread for some goodie ideas.

He takes cubed deer steak and flattens it out. Then you mix cream cheese, diced onion, salt N pepper, crab meat, pimentos, and diced celery in a bowl. I like to add a little fresh lemon juice to this mixture. You spread the mixture over the cubed deer steak and roll it up. Take bacon and wrap the rolled steak up and slide toothpics in it to hold it shut. Put it on the grill and it is SUPER AWESOME!! Just posting this made me want some!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

LOL I just realized that recipe doesn't even have Bar-B-Que in it but you could certainly put some on it - It does go on the grill though -

Last edited:
Quote:
I prefer to use the basting technic to impart my flavor as it cooks, I often use beer mixed with spices in these baste's the beef just soaks it up like a sponge and when the juice drips onto the coals it adds even more flavor to the smoke & coals going back into the meat. TIP*** let the beer go flat for a day before use it works so much better.

AL

Back
Top Bottom