The Hatch That BYC Built (aka Frieda vs. the Brinsea!) (Warning--pic heavy)

Quote:
Well, if I were getting them for me, the amount of work they need doesn't matter, since I can't breed 'em anyway!

And I still stand by the potential awkwardness--you know me, and already know we're friends, so you know the tone we're each using
tongue2.gif

Well, if I were getting them for me, the amount of work they need doesn't matter, since I can't breed 'em anyway!

And I still stand by the potential awkwardness--you know me, and already know we're friends, so you know the tone we're each using :plbb

Well, if you ever want those, just holler... they are my faves, no matter the work they need... very sweet, talkative, and extremely intelligent...

Yeah, it helps that we tend to use the same tone... a lot... :D ;)

Day 7 candle.

No pics, partly due to phone juggling--I can't find the flashlight I was using last time.

The aircells look good.

I had 2 seepers. Neither, oddly enough, was one of the dirty eggs. I cleaned the residue in the brooder with hydrogen peroxide.

The dirty eggs: one looked clear, and the other looked like it may have the beginnings of a blood ring. Which is unfortunate, as that was the only Sulmtaler egg that I saw anything in. Well, except the seeper--that was all dark inside. The other seeper was a Marans--it seemed clear.

Of the other Marans, they were hard to see into. I think I may have seen veins in one.

So now, there are 8. I'm not removing anything before lockdown unless/until it seeps or stinks. But it's not looking good.

Last edited:
:barnie

Unfortunately, I am thinking the distance between us is too much and a PO hub along the route is awful... :(

Poor TJChickens has sent me several boxes of eggs from CA and I've only managed to hatch 1 Call and down to 5 guinea eggs developing out of 18...

Last time, the PO was much kinder *sigh*

Probably be a good idea to get some local eggs next time to make sure it's just the PO messing things up, though...

It's not you!!!! :hugs

Shipped eggs are awful... really... I have only gotten a couple of good/great hatches from those... and I've done a lot... :(

I sent a dozen bantam eggs to NC. Of the dozen, 3 were clear, one quit early, and the other 8 hatched! Under a broody!! Dont know how we got so lucky.

Hi Amy. Do you still have any of those (3 I think) chicks you came and picked up from me? Did that blue one turn out to be a roo? I was pretty sure the other two were girls, but that blue I wasn't sure. Good luck with your current hatch. Oh and if you need free local eggs come and get them. LOL

Back
Top Bottom