The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Anyone else seen the eBay listing of the Show Quality RIRs that features a 3 foot high, 18 pound rooster and 10,12,and 13 pound hens.

Yea, I looked at the listing, and don't believe the weights they claim. Also, the color in the male looks to light in color in some area's. I e-mailed for more pictures just out of curiosity, and asked if they knew the line they are from. I personally have never seen a rir rooster weigh close to 18ibs, or a hen that weighs 13ibs. There are some very deceitful claims on many e-bay listings!

I live in Lindon, Utah. I just got the pair I have from a friend so I have no idea the linage. I'm not necessarily interested in show quality, just want them for my own breeding programs I have going but would really like to get another roo since all that's sold in my area are production reds that are called RIR.

The problem with crossing lines is it usually turns out bad, and is the reason others were asking what line you had, so, you could try and get a male from that same line. I do have a heritage cockeral that looks pretty good, but you live so far and it may be a different line. Do you have pictures of the pullets and rooster? some might can tell the line they're from.

didn't have time to read all the posts. Love the rhode island red s Please don't bite my head off. I purchase a hertiage rooster at a 4H show in Ceres last weekend. From good stock. The boy was so delightful. A friend has your cross links red (production reds) light tails. If we cross him to them will the rooster still be white??? and will the hens darken in color. How to run into some hen or pullets to buy for farm chickens.

I just hatched about 30 of the Mohawks myself, sending most of them to Tennessee. Hope to have about 40 more hatch in a week. A little frustrated with several people asking for chicks and not getting back to me when I indicated that I had them ready. Not sure what to think about those that want chicks in January and dont respond back when they are available in the spring. A little frustrating to say the least.

Paul

Here are a few of the 13 RIR I had hatch last night. So far I have hatched 50+ since end of January.

Great looking Chicks!

I just hatched about 30 of the Mohawks myself, sending most of them to Tennessee. Hope to have about 40 more hatch in a week. A little frustrated with several people asking for chicks and not getting back to me when I indicated that I had them ready. Not sure what to think about those that want chicks in January and dont respond back when they are available in the spring. A little frustrating to say the least.

Paul
Yes, people are flaky. A local Breeder of French Black Copper Marans had a couple of buyer back out on her, so I picked up 20 eggs for $50.00. These are usually much more expensive. 13 of the should hatch on Wednesday.

Just thought that I would post a couple of pictures of my Gary Underwood chicks. I have 7 of them. Oh my gosh are they ever sweet. I picked them up Friday at PO. Lost a few but that's okay. These ones all seem very happy and healthy little guys/gals. They are 5 days old today. Love the little biddies. lol These came from a girl that gets here stock directly from and works closely with Gary Underwood. Gee, I ordered and paid for these almost 11 months ago but sure am glad that I didn't cancel the order. They are very nice babies.

Back
Top Bottom