The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Here's a few I hatched this summer. The girl finally laying.
big_smile.png

Check out Central Hatchery in Nebraska......While not show winners, they are close to the Old Fashioned Farm Bred Reds of the 1930-1950s......A family hatchery with great service......Great laying chickens and good size also.....Minimum order of 50 chicks, I believe.....

Who breeds just productive RIRs for eggs and meat, bred to SOP standard, and not a particular line?
Check out Central Hatchery in Nebraska.....He has Reds similar to the ones seen on farms back in the 1930s-1950s......Big, Dark Red Birds....Not show type....Fifty chick minimum order I recall....You can find him online....

Central Hatchery has photos of the breed stock online. I'm sure those reds are healthy, but if the photos are any indication they are a hatchery using their red males to make "Sil-Go-Link" brand red sexlinks about like everybody else. Sil-Go-Link is a commercial layer. Selling the red side of the sexlink equation as RIR is pretty common practice.

If you're looking for high production, red type birds, I'm sure these would be healthy and get the egg laying job done for you.

Check out Central Hatchery in Nebraska.....He has Reds similar to the ones seen on farms back in the 1930s-1950s......Big, Dark Red Birds....Not show type....Fifty chick minimum order I recall....You can find him online....
Thank you, but I no longer support hatcheries or shipped chicks. Out of curiosity I checked out their website, and it was disturbing with the battery cages, and de-winging service. I've never heard of de-winging.

That male has great type.

Matt
The other cockerel I kept is just as nice. Had a few that were narrow towards the tail. Sold them. The pullets are really nice too. Can't tell by the pic, but they have nice long keels, very nice leg coloring and nice teepee tails. Coloring on all is very nice I think.

Back
Top Bottom