The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

I am deciding if I should get a heritage LF rhode island red, does anybody know if there are heritage large fowl RIR chicken breeders in southeaster CT?

There is a fellow in North Carloina who has Large Fowl Reds. He got 50 chicks from Bill Bennett about two years ago. Does anyone remember his name on this site. I lost place with him.

Also, there is a fellow in the same region that is Dist Director of the Rhode Island Red club Dist 3. He may have some and or know who has some. I am sure in a week or two I could find you a good breeding trio. bob
Here ya go Mr. Blosl this may be the guy you are looking for? this is post 69 here on this thread his name is Marty

10/10/10
  • Chook-A-Holic
  • golden_feather.v1323720405.png
I can't get enough of these Heritage RIR threads. Thanks everyone for your input. I got mine as chicks from Pine Grove(William Bennett) exactly 6mos. ago. You will not be disappointed with his line. I have thoroughly enjoyed raising these. It's quite amazing how friendly and calm these birds are. Here are a few pics I took today of them. The cockerels didn't mind but the pullets thought the camera was a hand grenade or something, so excuse the not so good pics of them.

42454_6mos_001.jpg

42454_6mos_002.jpg

42454_6mos_008.jpg

42454_6mos_014.jpg

Chris09, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge for this breed. It is always appreciated.

If anyone may be interested in getting eggs/chicks from Pine Grove you might better call and get on the list for next spring. I had to wait about a month as the list of buyers fill up quickly. I have his number if you need to contact him. Just PM me for it. I would rather not post it here. I made sure it was OK a while back to give it to anyone interested in his birds.

Just thought I'd add that I(catdaddyfro) don't have the number that is a bold quote form chook-a-holic contact him if hes still on the BYC IDK?

Last edited:
Panhandle Poultry Club Winter Show- December 8, 2012
Pensacola Fairgrounds, Pensacola, Florida
APA/ABA Double Show
Junior APA/ABA Double Show

State Meets
New Hampshire Breeders Club of America
United Orpington Club
Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America
Rhode Island Red Club of America
Wyandotte Breeders of America

Special Meets
American Silkie Bantam Club
Cochins International Club

www.panhandlepoultryclub.webs.com
James Blum (850) 232-0729
Matt Ulrich (251) 942- 8555
Registration forms are online

Panhandle Poultry Club Winter Show- December 8, 2012
Pensacola Fairgrounds, Pensacola, Florida
APA/ABA Double Show
Junior APA/ABA Double Show

State Meets
New Hampshire Breeders Club of America
United Orpington Club
Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America
Rhode Island Red Club of America
Wyandotte Breeders of America

Special Meets
American Silkie Bantam Club
Cochins International Club

www.panhandlepoultryclub.webs.com
James Blum (850) 232-0729
Matt Ulrich (251) 942- 8555
Registration forms are online
This is the show I was telling you about. There will be some very nice large fowl and bantam Reds there. Matt 1616 is finessing some out that will make you fall to your knees.

If you can make the trip you will not be disappointed on the quality of the show and the birds on display.

Quote: 10/10/10
I can't get enough of these Heritage RIR threads. Thanks everyone for your input. I got mine as chicks from Pine Grove(William Bennett) exactly 6mos. ago. You will not be disappointed with his line. I have thoroughly enjoyed raising these. It's quite amazing how friendly and calm these birds are. Here are a few pics I took today of them. The cockerels didn't mind but the pullets thought the camera was a hand grenade or something, so excuse the not so good pics of them.

42454_6mos_001.jpg

42454_6mos_002.jpg

42454_6mos_008.jpg

42454_6mos_014.jpg

Chris09, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge for this breed. It is always appreciated.

If anyone may be interested in getting eggs/chicks from Pine Grove you might better call and get on the list for next spring. I had to wait about a month as the list of buyers fill up quickly. I have his number if you need to contact him. Just PM me for it. I would rather not post it here. I made sure it was OK a while back to give it to anyone interested in his birds.

Just thought I'd add that I(catdaddyfro) don't have the number that is a bold quote form chook-a-holic contact him if hes still on the BYC IDK?
Thanks for the help. I sent him a message. Anyone else have Pine Grove Reds?

I think at least two or three got some from him over the two years this thread has been going. I would like to see some pictures and contact you. bob

Quote:
I can't make this show but will be at the:

Florida Sunshine Classic
Jan. 12-13, 2013 (always the second Saturday in January)
438 SW State Road 247
Lake City, FL 32025
Columbia County Fairgrounds
---> MAP
Danny & Norma Padgett
15930 W State Road 238
Lake Butler, Florida 32054
386-496-2561

Thanks for the help. I sent him a message. Anyone else have Pine Grove Reds?

I think at least two or three got some from him over the two years this thread has been going. I would like to see some pictures and contact you. bob
I spoke to Mr. Bennett last week and he does not have anything for sale.He may have chicks late May next year.

Back
Top Bottom