The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

“I’m so sorry about May.” Aria said sympathetically “it’s an odd place to be isn’t it. I was just at school being rejected by my best friend and well now I’m here.”
Kylan frowned, confusion coming over him. "How... Did you know it was May? I don't think I told you about what happened to her... Have I?"
He gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "I'm really sorry about your friend, I know it's hard."

Kylan frowned, confusion coming over him. "How... Did you know it was May? I don't think I told you about what happened to her... Have I?"
He gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "I'm really sorry about your friend, I know it's hard."
Aria looked confused too, “I don’t think you did....”

Kylan nodded, frowning as he lowered his hand. "I know. And how did we even get here? I was just in the hospital with--" His face dropped as his heart skipped a beat "--with my sister." He finished sadly. "And this sure ain't the hospital. I've never seen anywhere like this place before."

Lilith laughed, her lips slightly tipping up into a small smile. "For some reason, I have a feeling that older me is gonna be just as scattered."
Her brow furrowed, and she gave another shrug. "I know the Archers are like that, but I've never seen a point in it. Might as well figure it out now, right? And my pare--" She winced, pausing. "My mother has never cared about what I hear, or don't."

Kevin laughed, tucking a loose strand of his hair back. “I agree. My sister says she wants her kids to be, well, kids, for as long as possible, and she thinks that talking about more mature subjects in front of them will make them grow up faster. I mean, I see that point of view, but...” Kevin shrugged.

“Chion help us Free” Fred said having tried to explain Free to her earlier. She should be associating Free with us getting out
Chion watched him through slitted eyes, gesturing at her and then swinging his hands toward the door, as he emphasized the last word. He'd used the same word before when he'd dragged her and Torin out of the cell. She wasn't sure he actually had a plan beyond 'out of here'. What would they do if they did get out? Even if they could avoid the guard, where would they go?

Her eyes slid over to the others, Noah was stepping uncomfortably from foot to foot, Chi pulled her head up off the wall to look at him, why was he doing that? He didn't look very happy, so he probably wasn't attempting to entertain himself.

Did they need to get out that badly? She looked back at Fred her tired eyes squinting in annoyance. Elon was sleeping, what were they going to do, carry him? They should sleep and try to escape tomorrow. Fred wasn't going to let her sleep though, he was going to wait for her to close her eyes again and then yell at her to help them escape.

Chi climbed to her feet, walking back over to the boys to stare crankily up at Fred with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Haxat axalo wo keick te pe? Wo peniz uctolchaxact oaxast ethol. Gnewick naxamos disniz keick te whorp us zaxat vust. Pum peni gned haxat yeep lita dis yot. Ug peni gned whed te torr vo te uso vino. Torin vidd uctolchaxact vaxayfo, fut Pum peni zint who gnews whed te uso whis dewol zaxat worr. Wo joow te waxait unkir saxabo. Fosidos hist Elon dis axasrour. Alo ug praxannick en caxallyick whix? Pum'v jet roaxavick axanyeno fohict."

(I changed the one word to what she used before. The words/names Fred might recognized are orange.)

What are we going to do? We don't understand each other. Knowing names isn't going to help us that much. I don't know what your power is yet. You don't know how to tell me to use mine. Torin might understand maybe, but I don't think he knows how to use his power that well. We need to wait until it's safe. Besides which Elon is asleep. Are you planning on carrying him? I'm not leaving anyone behind.

She knew he wouldn't understand but she didn't care that much anymore, maybe it would make him understand that they were no where near close enough to communicating to try to break their way out of here.

Kevin laughed, tucking a loose strand of his hair back. “I agree. My sister says she wants her kids to be, well, kids, for as long as possible, and she thinks that talking about more mature subjects in front of them will make them grow up faster. I mean, I see that point of view, but...” Kevin shrugged.
Lilith shook her head, smiling. "No offence, but that's kind... Dumb, in my opinion. People shelter kids for as long as they can, they love them-- Great, but then one day they just expose them to how screwed up this world is and expect them to deal with it and they don't know how."
She glanced down at the camera in her hands, slowly clicking through the pictures. Most were of the statue and older, bloodied versions of Kylan, Aria, and Kevin, but there was also several of Tru. She blinked, still not recognizing any of then.
She squinted, zooming in on one of Aria. A large, circular gash was on her arm, feeding out green veins from it that looked rancid. "What the...?"

Lilith shook her head, smiling. "No offence, but that's kind... Dumb, in my opinion. People shelter kids for as long as they can, they love them-- Great, but then one day they just expose them to how screwed up this world is and expect them to deal with it and they don't know how."
She glanced down at the camera in her hands, slowly clicking through the pictures. Most were of the statue and older, bloodied versions of Kylan, Aria, and Kevin, but there was also several of Tru. She blinked, still not recognizing any of then.
She squinted, zooming in on one of Aria. A large, circular gash was on her arm, feeding out green veins from it that looked rancid. "What the...?"

Kevin nodded. “Yeah. But, in my sisters defense, both her kids are under the age of ten, so I see why she would try to shelter them.” He said. He leaned closer to her, looking over her shoulder at the picture. “That looks terrible,” Kevin said quietly, wincing. He glanced at young Aria, frowning. “And you said the little girl here is the same as in the picture? How would she not be...” dead. Or maybe she already is.

“I don’t know how I know” Aria looked seriously confused now
Kylan nodded, glancing around. "I feel like I should be doing something, but I don't know what."
Kevin nodded. “Yeah. But, in my sisters defense, both her kids are under the age of ten, so I see why she would try to shelter them.” He said. He leaned closer to her, looking over her shoulder at the picture. “That looks terrible,” Kevin said quietly, wincing. He glanced at young Aria, frowning. “And you said the little girl here is the same as in the picture? How would she not be...” dead. Or maybe she already is.
Lilith shook her head, uncertainty crossing over her frowning face. "I don't know how she's still alive, if that's her-- But something tells me it is." She glanced at him. "Maybe that's why you're so tired. Maybe you healed her?" That's the only thing I can think of. Or else she'd be dead.

Kylan nodded, glancing around. "I feel like I should be doing something, but I don't know what."

Lilith shook her head, uncertainty crossing over her frowning face. "I don't know how she's still alive, if that's her-- But something tells me it is." She glanced at him. "Maybe that's why you're so tired. Maybe you healed her?" That's the only thing I can think of. Or else she'd be dead.
Aria nodded absent minded. She smiled at him “so your from Kentucky, what’s it like there?”

Back
Top Bottom