The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Kevin frowned, looking towards where Kylan and Aria were playing together. “Is it... is it possible you were playing with an app that changed the appearance of us? I don’t know how cameras work so it might not be possible, but my nephew has an app he uses to make people look older or younger. Although that wouldn’t explain the time differences. Or anything else, really.”
Lilith shook her head. "I can do minor changes, like change someone who's seventeen to look twenty-one, but she's gotta be like four. She'd look like a stretched out rubber chicken if I tried to change her to her mid-teens." She paused, eyes running over the picture. "This hasn't been edited at all, I would've bumped up the lighting and recovered more details-- Plus I always delete everything off my camera once I download it to the computer."
“Are you stalking me?” Aria joked. “But yes you didn’t I guess I just somehow knew that. And I didn’t tell you where I was from”
"'Ey, you seem more likely to be stocking me, Ari." Kylan laughed. "That's weird, all of this is. I don't think we've met before this, but... I feel like I know you."

Lilith shook her head. "I can do minor changes, like change someone who's seventeen to look twenty-one, but she's gotta be like four. She'd look like a stretched out rubber chicken if I tried to change her to her mid-teens." She paused, eyes running over the picture. "This hasn't been edited at all, I would've bumped up the lighting and recovered more details-- Plus I always delete everything off my camera once I download it to the computer."

"'Ey, you seem more likely to be stocking me, Ari." Kylan laughed. "That's weird, all of this is. I don't think we've met before this, but... I feel like I know you."
“You know only my parents have ever called me Ari but I feel like it’s a common nickname.” Aria’s hazel eyes fixated on his face

Chion watched him through slitted eyes, gesturing at her and then swinging his hands toward the door, as he emphasized the last word. He'd used the same word before when he'd dragged her and Torin out of the cell. She wasn't sure he actually had a plan beyond 'out of here'. What would they do if they did get out? Even if they could avoid the guard, where would they go?

Her eyes slid over to the others, Noah was stepping uncomfortably from foot to foot, Chi pulled her head up off the wall to look at him, why was he doing that? He didn't look very happy, so he probably wasn't attempting to entertain himself.

Did they need to get out that badly? She looked back at Fred her tired eyes squinting in annoyance. Elon was sleeping, what were they going to do, carry him? They should sleep and try to escape tomorrow. Fred wasn't going to let her sleep though, he was going to wait for her to close her eyes again and then yell at her to help them escape.

Chi climbed to her feet, walking back over to the boys to stare crankily up at Fred with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Haxat axalo wo keick te pe? Wo peniz uctolchaxact oaxast ethol. Gnewick naxamos disniz keick te whorp us zaxat vust. Pum peni gned haxat yeep lita dis yot. Ug peni gned whed te torr vo te uso vino. Torin vidd uctolchaxact vaxayfo, fut Pum peni zint who gnews whed te uso whis dewol zaxat worr. Wo joow te waxait unkir saxabo. Fosidos hist Elon dis axasrour. Alo ug praxannick en caxallyick whix? Pum'v jet roaxavick axanyeno fohict."

(I changed the one word to what she used before. The words/names Fred might recognized are orange.)

What are we going to do? We don't understand each other. Knowing names isn't going to help us that much. I don't know what your power is yet. You don't know how to tell me to use mine. Torin might understand maybe, but I don't think he knows how to use his power that well. We need to wait until it's safe. Besides which Elon is asleep. Are you planning on carrying him? I'm not leaving anyone behind.

She knew he wouldn't understand but she didn't care that much anymore, maybe it would make him understand that they were no where near close enough to communicating to try to break their way out of here.
Noah squished his face into the bars again, wondering if this new guard would be nicer. "I have to go to the bathroom!" he shouted. The guard had odd grey skin, black hair, and broad shoulders. Nothing about him made Noah hopeful that he would take pity on his small emergency.
"Kylan is older in the picture, too." Lilith murmured, glancing back down at the picture. "I don't think mine can shrink people, either..." But it can kill them. I... Hope I didn't hurt anyone else. "I've never heard of someone with powerful enough powers to de-age someone, so maybe there's something around here that did it?"

Kylan smiled. "I like it, a lot. There's a lot of country and animals, but also a lot of cities and people. Most of the people are really nice, too." He paused. "I don't remember telling you that. And I also don't remember you telling me this, but you're from Sydney Australia, ain't ya?"
"So it's 2020. January 7th. Well, the future is definitely very different," Kyle joked, a smile cracking the corner of his thin lips. He began pacing and tapping his fingers on his thighs. They felt itchy, itchy for a sensation he didn't recognize. Why do I feel like my ADHD is worse than usual?
A forlorn, Cam-abandoned kitten stood in the clearing. "I should probably go rescue poor Rylie," he decided, running over to the kitten.

“Huh, that’s a good point.” Kevin replied. And we’re back to square one. “This might be weird, but... maybe we were transported to a different time? Maybe we somehow got taken into the future. I doubt it’s possible, but growing up my mother would tell me and my siblings stories of stuff like that happening...”

Blair frowned deeply, her face scrunched up. "That's horrible..." she murmured under her breath. She may have only been six, but if she wasn't able to have friends because of the fear she would hurt them, she would hate it. I can't imagine not having Isabelle.
"Can't your parents help? Help you...control it...?"
Take frowned, furrowing his brows in a sad, melancholic manner. “I don’t have parents... I live in a home with twenty other kids and there’s adults that make sure we follow the rules..” he said softly, “They don’t care about us, it’s just like a jail.. and I’ve tried to ask the adults to help, but they’re always changing... like, new ones show up and then the ones before just disappear. They don’t stay very long.” Just from the rules that were put in place for group homes, the staff weren’t allowed to touch the kids, but could give high fives, or restrain the troublesome kids. The home lacked a warm, affectionate environment that younger kids like Take needed, which was the reason he didn’t understand affection like hugs or being comforted. He always had daily, rotating chores to complete on a five day basis, like washing bed sheets, doing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, and mopping and sweeping floors. Overall, Take didn’t really own much of anything, since they were stolen by the other kids that he shared rooms with, and they were never permanent roommates.

Take frowned, furrowing his brows in a sad, melancholic manner. “I don’t have parents... I live in a home with twenty other kids and there’s adults that make sure we follow the rules..” he said softly, “They don’t care about us, it’s just like a jail.. and I’ve tried to ask the adults to help, but they’re always changing... like, new ones show up and then the ones before just disappear. They don’t stay very long.” Just from the rules that were put in place for group homes, the staff weren’t allowed to touch the kids, but could give high fives, or restrain the troublesome kids. The home lacked a warm, affectionate environment that younger kids like Take needed, which was the reason he didn’t understand affection like hugs or being comforted. He always had daily, rotating chores to complete on a five day basis, like washing bed sheets, doing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, and mopping and sweeping floors. Overall, Take didn’t really own much of anything, since they were stolen by the other kids that he shared rooms with, and they were never permanent roommates.
"Oh...I'm sorry..." Blair whispered, instantly feeling overwhelming guilt and slight awkwardness. When she looked at him, he just looked sad. There was no fancy or beautiful way to put other then sad. And she felt bad for him, horribly so and not just because of the strange memories she had, she genuinely felt bad.
"I don't know what I'd do without my Momma or my dad..." she sat back, hugging her knees to her chest, distressed at the thought that she'd ever be seperated from them, and feeling terrible that he had no one. She looked at him, her eyes wide and round with sympathy. "That must be really hard...I'm sorry..."

"Oh...I'm sorry..." Blair whispered, instantly feeling overwhelming guilt and slight awkwardness. When she looked at him, he just looked sad. There was no fancy or beautiful way to put other then sad. And she felt bad for him, horribly so and not just because of the strange memories she had, she genuinely felt bad.
"I don't know what I'd do without my Momma or my dad..." she sat back, hugging her knees to her chest, distressed at the thought that she'd ever be seperated from them, and feeling terrible that he had no one. She looked at him, her eyes wide and round with sympathy. "That must be really hard...I'm sorry..."
“It’s okay..” Take whispered. He already accepted the fact that he’ll never have parents of his own, unlike Blair, feeling a sense of envy when she mentioned hers. He sighed and scooted himself closer to the water, his throat feeling dry from all the talking. Feeling that the intense heat from his hands had faded away, he put his arms back through his sleeves and cupped up some water with his no longer glowing hands. He brought the clear, pure water up to his lips and drank until none remained in his palms.

“I know Ky” she teased with a big smile she once again got that familiar feeling that she had said those words before
“You know, I don’t know how I know about May or that you live in Kentucky or how you know about me living in Australia but I really like this place except the fact I have no idea how any of this works” Aria explained her big eyes serious. “Lilith swears I’m in a photo she has but there is a nasty green wound on my arm in the photo but all I have there is this scar” she twisted her arm to show a raw red scar on her arm. “Anyway I think I somehow shrunk. Maybe by magic? I’m not sure. Everyone tells me I’m crazy when I say I believe in magic but we both have magical powers do we not? What’s to stop there being other types of magic”. Aria felt hot tears start to slide down her cheeks “nobody listens to me. Not even Samantha which is odd because I though we were friends, mummy said that friends will hurt me so in reality I shouldn’t be friends with anyone. Not you, not even Lilith or Kevin. I need to keep to myself, why am I telling you all this?” Aria buried her head in her hands the tears flowing hard now. She walked over to the fountain drink the water. It makes you feel better. Aria dipped her hands in scooping up a palm full and sipping it slowly, the crystal water trickled down her throat soothing the raw burning pain that came from fighting back sobs. She dipped her hands in again scooping up more of the water. She smiled, she liked this water, she liked it a lot. “Good water” she said splashing it around a bit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom