The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

"No." He looked at her quizzically. "You're not, reading my thoughts anymore?" He thought she could see everything. But if not what he was saying probably wasn't making much sense.

"When i was 12, my best friend died. Her parents blamed me." He shrugged, "I blamed me. We stayed there for a while, but no one could forget that our family was 'dangerous' or something. So mom insisted we move. After that, things got worse, my mom and dad were fighting all the time, mostly over me skipping school. A year later my mom had had enough and left. I still live with my dad, and brother. I'm not alone, but it felt like it for a while." Kipp turned away from her frowning as he pulled harder on his sleeve finally getting his arm to slip inside. He awkwardly peeled the rest off over his head and wings. He shivered, his arms pricking with goosebumps. His shirt and pants would have to dry on him. Kipp twisted the sweater wringing out as much water as he could, and spread his wings behind him, there wasn't much he could do to dry them, other than just wait.

"Do you have no other family, or did you just choose to stay on your own?"
“That’s horrible, what happened!” she exclaimed angrily. “I understand how grief-stricken your friend’s parents must have been, but to take it out on you like that is just-“ She paused to catch her breath. “And no, I’m on my own,” she responded. “I’m not reading your thoughts anymore, or trying not to, because I don’t like doing it. Now that I’ve been around you for a while, it’s easier to block out.”

Take stayed quiet as they walked, growing closer and closer to where the others were.
“We’ll have to redo that race some time..” he murmured, glancing at Blair for a moment with a slight smirk.
Blair tilted her head, Kit's soft fur sliding along her cheek when she looked at him, a smirk pulling at her lips. "Preferably when we're not being attacked by a ogre, but yes. We've got to."

Aria grabbed his hand finding comfort in the familiar spinning sensation that came with teleporting. “Well here we are” she announced as they landed in the tree. “Okay so you have a clear view of the beasts from this tree” she explained
As they teleported, the nausea returned-- However not as bad the second time around. He shook his head, looking down at the creatures. "You may want to cover your ears, it gets loud sometimes, 'kay?"

As they teleported, the nausea returned-- However not as bad the second time around. He shook his head, looking down at the creatures. "You may want to cover your ears, it gets loud sometimes, 'kay?"
Aria nodded bringing her hands to her ears. “Don’t your ears need covering?” She asked

Cam forged ahead. A possible distance of thirty miles wasn’t daunting if it would get her out of a place that was bent on her immediate death.
She wasn’t bothered by the thorns that poked her bare feet or the darkness that swallowed the world in its entirety.
Not with the light at the end of the tunnel.
Cam was running on pure adrenaline and the promise of one small guardian angel. (Sorry I’m braindead)

“Well then don’t ever talk about leaving any one of us behind. If we do this we are all in it together” Fred looked from Torin to Noah “okay?”
Chion watched them silently, confused as to how water could be something to argue over. Did Lita mean something else in their language? Maybe she said something offensive? She smiled at Noah making a face, maybe Lita meant something like Havellest meant, rotten smell. She stood up and joined in sticking her tongue jokingly.
“Ok,” Noah wiggled his bare toes on the damp stone floor.
Torin giggled at Chion, before patting Fred's arm and leaning towards him. "I trust you, Fred. He kinda just seems like he wants us to go die."
Aria nodded bringing her hands to her ears. “Don’t your ears need covering?” She asked
Kylan frowned, unsure of what to do. "Usually, no, but I'm about to do something big, so... Wait! Hold on, I have just the thing." He promptly began digging around in his backpack, before pulling out his earmuffs and putting them on. "See? I can't hear anything in these, I swear they're gun range!" He laughed, before edging forwards as far as he could go safely on the branch.
He reached out his arms-- Sparks starting to fly from his body. Soon, electricity was ripping through him and visible from his veins that had a light golden glow, encircling him in it's warm snare. A rod of lightning flew from his finger tips, racing down to the earth chaotically before striking one of the boar-bears down, killing it almost instantly. "One of eight down, seven more to go!" He shouted, but he doubted she could hear him under the crackles and pops of his powers.

Kylan laughed at Kevin's remark, smiling as he turned away. "Yeah, yeah. Maybe fried chicken ain't the best for once."
He stepped towards Aria, offering both his hands for her to grab with her's. "Okay, let's do this, Ari."

Lilith shifted as she felt something like hands brush against her, causing her to whimper in her sleep. But soon the sound of loud voices, no doubt Kylan, started to arouse her from the blackness.
Slowly she opened her eyes, immediately aware of the fact that wet trails ran from her tear ducts-- Illuminated by the blue glow from the tree's blooms. She moaned, shakily standing up as she began quickly wiping away the oily tears in hopes that no one would notice.
She glanced around at the others, Kylan wasn't facing her and was reaching for Aria's hands while a groggy looking Kevin stood at her side. She rubbed her forehead, confused by what was happening. Their younger companions seemed as though they were about to leave them, and Kevin seemed like he was going to stay with her. None of them felt mad, so she quickly concluded they weren't leaving due to a fight.
She turned to Kevin, quietly noting that she probably looked like a train wreck with her hair messied and falling in her face, blood-shot eyes that had obviously been crying in her sleep, and a fearfully pale face. I probably look like a vampire. "Um, I hate to say this, but... What's going on?"

Kevin looked down at her, noticing the tears she tried to wipe away. He wondered what she was dreaming about, but didn’t ask. “Kylan and Aria are taking out the khimery, and then we’ll go. I think they found some sort of beach, or something?” He replied.
(Sorry, my brain’s dead.)

“That’s horrible, what happened!” she exclaimed angrily. “I understand how grief-stricken your friend’s parents must have been, but to take it out on you like that is just-“ She paused to catch her breath. “And no, I’m on my own,” she responded. “I’m not reading your thoughts anymore, or trying not to, because I don’t like doing it. Now that I’ve been around you for a while, it’s easier to block out.”

Kipp shrugged again. "It was a long time ago. 'You've gotta put your behind in your past' right?" He said with a dry chuckle at the Lion King quote. Then realizing she'd have zero context burst out laughing.

Torin giggled at Chion, before patting Fred's arm and leaning towards him. "I trust you, Fred. He kinda just seems like he wants us to go die."

Kylan frowned, unsure of what to do. "Usually, no, but I'm about to do something big, so... Wait! Hold on, I have just the thing." He promptly began digging around in his backpack, before pulling out his earmuffs and putting them on. "See? I can't hear anything in these, I swear they're gun range!" He laughed, before edging forwards as far as he could go safely on the branch.
He reached out his arms-- Sparks starting to fly from his body. Soon, electricity was ripping through him and visible from his veins that had a light golden glow, encircling him in it's warm snare. A rod of lightning flew from his finger tips, racing down to the earth chaotically before striking one of the boar-bears down, killing it almost instantly. "One of eight down, seven more to go!" He shouted, but he doubted she could hear him under the crackles and pops of his powers.
Aria frowned she couldn’t hear him.

Back
Top Bottom