The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Timit chattered incessantly as the group crested hill after hill, passing by quaint Borealan establishments. Right now he was wondering about the angry bacon population of (I can’t remember the castle’s name for the life of me, clearly I shouldn’t be leading this rp).
Korim told him that he was sure there were swine there, but it would only be of the uncultured kind.
Cam drew in the fresh sights and smells. In a weird way, this place was more crisp and real than her own home. The sun felt so good kissing her skin, and the houses were nestled in the hills in such a wholesome way that they gave you the insuppressible urge to randomly give someone a hug.
The animals were somewhat strange and ugly. The pigs looked ordinary pigs, but big and ugly like the ones in the woods, and horizontal stripes on their sides. These did not have tusks, though, presumably these were cut off. That must have been where the bacon came from.
This place would have reminded her of The Shire, if there were any...
A circular door sat in a hillside minding its own business, completely unaware of the commotion it was about to cause. A tiny pink bird lighted on the handle.
“Is that a hobbit hole?” Cam asked. “Do hobbits live in it?”
(My brain is dead, but I should probably note that Ky and Lili exist)
Kylan picked up his pace, going at a steady pace beside Korim; his feet lifting higher than they should from the feeling that he wanted to run. Anxiety knotted in his stomach, making him get shivers down his back occasionally from his knowledge that it was nearly impossible for a little six year old boy to survive in a dangerous forest for three days.
He glanced back at the others, eyes locking on Aria for a moment, before looking back ahead and flexing his fingers with unease. "How long did you say the journey is before we arrive? I mean, do we know an estimate to when we get there?" He asked Korim, trying to keep his voice calm. God, please don't let it be long. We have to get there fast. Maybe... Maybe Torin's there. Dakirum.

Lilith stayed towards the back of the group, sly eyes flickering from person to person. Now that they knew a possible location of the kids, she really didn't plan on leaving the group, and didn't want anyone to fall behind only to be taken themselves. Her hands were gripped firmly on the camera hanging from her neck, and she quickly got a snap of one of the homes that caught her interest, making sure no villager saw in case of their suspicion. She wanted to always be able to remember this place, if she even made it out-- Which, she had a sinking feeling in her stomach that they wouldn't. That those portals were one time things and the kids hadn't made it.
She felt her chest twinge at Kylan's anxiety, feeling another stab of sympathy for the younger teenager. Her head spun with his wrecked emotions, Blair's also ripping in at times, making her own emotions flicker to the point she wasn't sure what was her's or who's.
She glanced at Kevin, giving a thin lipped smile to him as she noticed his doubts-- At least she thought the were his, sometimes it was hard to decipher when there were so many strong ones being thrown about-- And dipped her head, having realized that when he pushed them away, it cleared her mind in the slightest way. She then turned to Cam when she spoke of the Hobbit. "Like, from the series? I loved the movies of that. Never read the books though." She said, trying her best to make small talk.

Kevin looked back, giving Cam and Lilith a quizzical look. “Hobbit? What’s a hobbit?” He asked, sharing Aella’s confusion. “Is it... like a bunny?” Kevin asked. By the look of the door, he doubted a simple rabbit could do something like that. “...A humanoid bunny?” He grimaced, picturing a bunny with a human face and human arms. He really hoped that wasn’t what a hobbit was. And if it was, he didn’t want to see it.

Aria looked at him, she read Kylan’s expression and could tell he was scared for a Torrin. She resisted the urge to lay a hand on his shoulder.
Kylan glanced back at her again, giving a small smile as he waited for Korim's answer.
Kevin looked back, giving Cam and Lilith a quizzical look. “Hobbit? What’s a hobbit?” He asked, sharing Aella’s confusion. “Is it... like a bunny?” Kevin asked. By the look of the door, he doubted a simple rabbit could do something like that. “...A humanoid bunny?” He grimaced, picturing a bunny with a human face and human arms. He really hoped that wasn’t what a hobbit was. And if it was, he didn’t want to see it.
Lilith snorted, before she couldn't control herself and burst out laughing; a loud, reverberating laugh. "Really, Buttercup?" She snickered, spirits temporarily lifted as she imagined an anthropomorphic bunny. "It's a race of little people from a fictional story. They have movies and books on 'em, titled 'The Hobbit'. They live in like, hill houses. Like those." She nodded at one nearby, a stupid grin still on her face.

Kylan glanced back at her again, giving a small smile as he waited for Korim's answer.

Lilith snorted, before she couldn't control herself and burst out laughing; a loud, reverberating laugh. "Really, Buttercup?" She snickered, spirits temporarily lifted as she imagined an anthropomorphic bunny. "It's a race of little people from a fictional story. They have movies and books on 'em, titled 'The Hobbit'. They live in like, hill houses. Like those." She nodded at one nearby, a stupid grin still on her face.

“What? Bunnies live underground, and...” he trailed off, deciding it was pointless. “Oh, that makes sense. I think I’ve actually heard about that before. I think my sister watches those things, but I might be confused with something else.” Kevin smiled, happy to see Lilith laugh.

Aella was enjoying the journey far more then she expected she would. The sun was blaring down, grass twining around her legs, whispering softly as the group passed. Creatures akin to grasshoppers, but not quite, leapt out of their path, beady eyes watching them with distrust as many of their fellow kind became prey to the underside of the groups shoes.
She paused, curiously approaching the round door, at first appearing plain and brown until she looked closer, her gaze falling upon the intricate threads carved into the wood by the tree it had come from, counting how many years it had lived, lonesome, before meeting its demise. The little, rose colored bird perched on the dor handle, seemingly unaware of their presence. Suddenly, she turned to Cam, face twisted in an incredulous manner. "What's a...hobbit?"
(My brain is dead, but I should probably note that Ky and Lili exist)
Kylan picked up his pace, going at a steady pace beside Korim; his feet lifting higher than they should from the feeling that he wanted to run. Anxiety knotted in his stomach, making him get shivers down his back occasionally from his knowledge that it was nearly impossible for a little six year old boy to survive in a dangerous forest for three days.
He glanced back at the others, eyes locking on Aria for a moment, before looking back ahead and flexing his fingers with unease. "How long did you say the journey is before we arrive? I mean, do we know an estimate to when we get there?" He asked Korim, trying to keep his voice calm. God, please don't let it be long. We have to get there fast. Maybe... Maybe Torin's there. Dakirum.

Lilith stayed towards the back of the group, sly eyes flickering from person to person. Now that they knew a possible location of the kids, she really didn't plan on leaving the group, and didn't want anyone to fall behind only to be taken themselves. Her hands were gripped firmly on the camera hanging from her neck, and she quickly got a snap of one of the homes that caught her interest, making sure no villager saw in case of their suspicion. She wanted to always be able to remember this place, if she even made it out-- Which, she had a sinking feeling in her stomach that they wouldn't. That those portals were one time things and the kids hadn't made it.
She felt her chest twinge at Kylan's anxiety, feeling another stab of sympathy for the younger teenager. Her head spun with his wrecked emotions, Blair's also ripping in at times, making her own emotions flicker to the point she wasn't sure what was her's or who's.
She glanced at Kevin, giving a thin lipped smile to him as she noticed his doubts-- At least she thought the were his, sometimes it was hard to decipher when there were so many strong ones being thrown about-- And dipped her head, having realized that when he pushed them away, it cleared her mind in the slightest way. She then turned to Cam when she spoke of the Hobbit. "Like, from the series? I loved the movies of that. Never read the books though." She said, trying her best to make small talk.
"You're telling me I'm the only one who read those books? You guys are really missing out. The books are way better than the movies." Cam almost pouted at the haters, but the little bird on the door was just too cute to even try to wipe her smile off her face.
Admittedly, Kyle hadn't seen either the movies or the books, so he knew very little about them. He couldn't sit still for a minute, let alone a single one of the many LOTR and Hobbit movies. (Italics isn't working today) and was intimidated by the idea of reading a book larger than himself. He decided to sit this conversation out.
"No, I'm afraid it's just a couple of dwarves, the Muchons," Korim said. "They did adopt the style of housing found in the Shire, very pleasant little homes. A movie? Should I even ask what that is?" These strangers made a lot of odd references that he couldn't begin to comprehend.
"It's a photo story... sorta," Cam said, animating it with her hands. "Lilith?" She asked, turning to the zombie looking girl. Maybe you could show him a video?"
"Now I'm more confused. What does a 'video' have to do with a 'movie?'" Korim asked.

(If I missed something and lunch isn’t over, I can edit)
Ashira was led down to the same spot as before. Not wanting to waste her breath on sighing, she went to work, melting the iron in the scorching hot temperatures. It wasn’t long before her face was covered in sweat, as well as many other parts of her body, and the armpits of her dress were wet. She felt disgusting. She needed a shower. But she wasn’t going to get one, and she knew it. Ashira was now hated by the guards even more, as she had proved possible. They were sure to make her life here hell, as well as everyone else’s. Do to me what they like, but they’re not touching anyone else again!

Aria looked at Korim as she too waited for an answer

"Humanoid bunny?" That led Aella to be even more confused then before. "Bunny...like a...?" She raised her hands to the side of her head, wiggling two fingers from each hand in a poor repersentation of a rabbit. She knew what it was, vaguely, but she had never seen one, and trying to imagine a humanoid rabbit was proving difficult, and what her mind decided to come up with was something rather nightmareish.

"Like little man?" Aella pointed at Kyle, still confused. "Fictional? Like a story book?"
"Short people. Bigger then Kyle, but still small. Yes, a story book." Blair answered, seeming annoyed even by the small question.
"You're telling me I'm the only one who read those books? You guys are really missing out. The books are way better than the movies." Cam almost pouted at the haters, but the little bird on the door was just too cute to even try to wipe her smile off her face.
Admittedly, Kyle hadn't seen either the movies or the books, so he knew very little about them. He couldn't sit still for a minute, let alone a single one of the many LOTR and Hobbit movies. (Italics isn't working today) and was intimidated by the idea of reading a book larger than himself. He decided to sit this conversation out.
"No, I'm afraid it's just a couple of dwarves, the Muchons," Korim said. "They did adopt the style of housing found in the Shire, very pleasant little homes. A movie? Should I even ask what that is?" These strangers made a lot of odd references that he couldn't begin to comprehend.
"It's a photo story... sorta," Cam said, animating it with her hands. "Lilith?" She asked, turning to the zombie looking girl. Maybe you could show him a video?"
"Now I'm more confused. What does a 'video' have to do with a 'movie?'" Korim asked.
"I don't even know what that book is." Aella frowned deeply, figuring she had missed something incredibly important that she should have read. "And I don't think I've ever seen a movie." She shrugged, speaking to herself for the most part. "Video." She looked at Korim suddenly. At least she knew what that was. "It's like a memory. But a trapped memory that you can watch over and over. People trap them in things called phones and cameras, I'm not sure how...but they do. A movie is kind of like that, I think...but like telling a story with real people. I'm pretty sure anyway."

Kevin shrugged. “I’m too busy to read stuff, and I don’t have any sort of electronic connection where I live.” He replied. He looked down at Korim. “A dwarf, eh? I think human bunnies would be funnier.” He said.

"Humanoid bunny?" That led Aella to be even more confused then before. "Bunny...like a...?" She raised her hands to the side of her head, wiggling two fingers from each hand in a poor repersentation of a rabbit. She knew what it was, vaguely, but she had never seen one, and trying to imagine a humanoid rabbit was proving difficult, and what her mind decided to come up with was something rather nightmareish.

"Like little man?" Aella pointed at Kyle, still confused. "Fictional? Like a story book?"
"Short people. Bigger then Kyle, but still small. Yes, a story book." Blair answered, seeming annoyed even by the small question.

"I don't even know what that book is." Aella frowned deeply, figuring she had missed something incredibly important that she should have read. "And I don't think I've ever seen a movie." She shrugged, speaking to herself for the most part. "Video." She looked at Korim suddenly. At least she knew what that was. "It's like a memory. But a trapped memory that you can watch over and over. People trap them in things called phones and cameras, I'm not sure how...but they do. A movie is kind of like that, I think...but like telling a story with real people. I'm pretty sure anyway."

Kevin looked back at Aella, holding in laughter at her strange attempt to signal bunny. “Yeah, yeah, a bunny. Or a rabbit. Or a hare. You people have a lot of words for it.” Kevin said.

Kevin shrugged. “I’m too busy to read stuff, and I don’t have any sort of electronic connection where I live.” He replied. He looked down at Korim. “A dwarf, eh? I think human bunnies would be funnier.” He said.

Kevin looked back at Aella, holding in laughter at her strange attempt to signal bunny. “Yeah, yeah, a bunny. Or a rabbit. Or a hare. You people have a lot of words for it.” Kevin said.
"Not quite dwarves," Korim said, pointing at his feet. "They got these big furry feet, and they're not so strong," he explained, tapping his biceps.
"So you're saying... there are actual hobbits where you're from?" Cam asked, fangirling because Sam was definitely the best character.
"I have yet to meet one. But I've heard of more than one story about them, from eastern lands. They're quite rare, I'm afraid. And really only limited to one place. "
"Does that mean our story comes from this land?" Kyle asked.
"How could I know?" Korim asked. "I've never heard of your world before."

Kyle was bothered by the comparisons and became impatient to go on.
Rylie chattered at the pink bird, which let out a chirp and fluttered away. “I’m not a hobbit,” he muttered.

Back
Top Bottom