The History Channel Scares Me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Agreed. I keep a years worth of food staples stored. Have a generator large enough to power my well, furnace and refrigerator and and a couple of lights and a ten year supply of ammunition in case I need to hunt for meat or protect me. Two ponds out back and I am well stocked with fishing gear and lures. Last summer when the sales started I stocked up on ice fishing gear.
Being prepared isn't about being paranoid.
Am I stupid. Maybe. But I notice that this year the price of all those items I bought is up 25%.
Anybody took a good hard look at their grocery bill lately. Nothing is gettin' cheaper. Stocking up now could save you big time down the road. JMHO

I think you are RICH and LUCKY!
lol.png
Peace of mind is priceless, isnt it? How much exacly is a ten year supply of ammo? You can PM me if you don't want to post it for the world to see.
smile.png

Na. a year of food can be grown on a 1/4 of an acre over the summer an canned. My grandmother has been doing it her whole life. And 10 years supply of hunting ammo is less than $150 is ammo if you are smart about it.

Please see rules regarding political discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The world is going to end. Eventually. So what? I am going to die. Eventually. I'm not wasting every day of my life worrying about the last day of my life. If I did, I wouldn't have much of a life. Instead, I make sure everyday is a day worth living and remembering, and at the end of each....I just make sure God knows I'm sorry for doing anything stupid, thank Him for understanding, and sleep peacefully.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think you are RICH and LUCKY!
lol.png
Peace of mind is priceless, isnt it? How much exacly is a ten year supply of ammo? You can PM me if you don't want to post it for the world to see.
smile.png

Na. a year of food can be grown on a 1/4 of an acre over the summer an canned. My grandmother has been doing it her whole life. And 10 years supply of hunting ammo is less than $150 is ammo if you are smart about it.

Your grandma was smart. Do you do that every year?

Quote:
So if you are in an area where such is a risk, you prepare for longer than 2 weeks.

But the folks prepared for the apocalypse? Paranoid. People prepared for a complete societal breakdown? Paranoid. People prepared for the guv'mint man to come round them up? Paranoid. No, beyond paranoia, that's well into phobia-ville.

The reason the prices on that kind of stuff is going up is because of all the fear-mongering going around.

I am prepared for a disaster. Possibly over-prepared because I buy a lot of stuff in bulk and have a large garden + meat/egg birds. I hear people talking about their stockpiles of ammunition because they know their neighbors are going to be desperate for food and I can't help buy look at them with contempt. If my neighbors only prepped for a week and the disaster lasts two weeks, no way in hell am I going to let them go hungry or shoot at them if they come to me needing food.

Because eventually the lights come back on, and shines on what you did in the darkness.

Quote:
I think most folks are thinking hunting for food, not shooting neighbors. We have stockpiled ammo. for that reason. Meat doesn't keep unrefrigerated. Although sometimes it wouldn't bother me to shoot the neighbors(in-laws)
big_smile.png
I would not be stockpiling for that there are only four of them, how much ammo would I need?!?!?! Of course on the flip side...there are some CRAZIES out there that just have an itchy trigger finger!!
wink.png

Hey Frog... I doubt that there is any person on this thread that would not help out others in need. The ammunition is to make sure you still have the ability to help. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom