The Honey Factory

E45AF67C-4FF1-4702-B8CC-4A5DB384EE64.jpeg

92 degrees. No wind. High humidity.
They decided to start bearding. So..... I pulled the inspection board off my screened bottom. Hour later they were all back in where they belong.

I need to get into both of y hives tomorrow and see how they are doing. I am hoping it has been long enough since the Queen should have taken her mating flight (July 8th ish) that I will be able to see if she is laying or not. I also need to see if the original hive needs a new super or not. The next 5 days of so are supposed to have highs of 98/99 degrees. So it's going to be very hot (and probably humid too).

View attachment 2245976
92 degrees. No wind. High humidity.
They decided to start bearding. So..... I pulled the inspection board off my screened bottom. Hour later they were all back in where they belong.

mine are bearding and it’s 70 out. I have never had a bottom board on this hive, other than the day I did a mite inspection.

So I inspected both hives today. I used a magnifying glass to look for eggs. There are definitely eggs in the new hive but I’m not sure if it is Queen right. I’ll post pictures tomorrow.
How can it not be queen right if it has eggs?

You think they might be a worker’s eggs?

A colony of drones!!!

Back
Top Bottom