The Honey Factory

E45AF67C-4FF1-4702-B8CC-4A5DB384EE64.jpeg

92 degrees. No wind. High humidity.
They decided to start bearding. So..... I pulled the inspection board off my screened bottom. Hour later they were all back in where they belong.

I need to get into both of y hives tomorrow and see how they are doing. I am hoping it has been long enough since the Queen should have taken her mating flight (July 8th ish) that I will be able to see if she is laying or not. I also need to see if the original hive needs a new super or not. The next 5 days of so are supposed to have highs of 98/99 degrees. So it's going to be very hot (and probably humid too).

View attachment 2245976
92 degrees. No wind. High humidity.
They decided to start bearding. So..... I pulled the inspection board off my screened bottom. Hour later they were all back in where they belong.

mine are bearding and itā€™s 70 out. I have never had a bottom board on this hive, other than the day I did a mite inspection.

So I inspected both hives today. I used a magnifying glass to look for eggs. There are definitely eggs in the new hive but Iā€™m not sure if it is Queen right. Iā€™ll post pictures tomorrow.
How can it not be queen right if it has eggs?

You think they might be a workerā€™s eggs?

A colony of drones!!!

Back
Top Bottom