The Humungatoid Nerd

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wbruder17, Jun 22, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    So our yard and coop are going to be on this year's Growing Gardens Tour de Coop here in beautiful Portland Oregon! Aside from finishing the building of the second run, including the Speedway (a tunnel from one coop to the other) and diigging a pond for the ducks. We are really dialing in the rest of thhe yard. I also had a huge load of tree clipping mulch dumped in our front yard to fill in a nice bedding to scratch through in the second run.

Today, I set to work writing biographies for all 23 chickens, 2 ducks and 2 pheasants. 4 hours and 6 pages later, I think I have just about enough for the scapbook I am going to have on hand for folks to read about the breeds, egg production, origin and personalities of each bird. I just need to get the pictures together to go with the write-ups.

I told the DH about it when I finished and he called me, quote "a humungatoid nerd"

I'm a little proud of that, thank you very much.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    Humungatoid shall be my word of the day [​IMG]

Thats actually a scrapbook i'd love to see [​IMG]

4. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Ha! Turns out I forgot a chicken when going through the inventory. Oops! Is that a sign I have too many? I think not. I will have to write the bio for Baby Huey, the Buff Orpington. I must have forgotten her because she is so non-descript and just fades into the flock. Don't tell her though!

5. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] I just turned around and called my mom a humungatiod nerd. She looked up from her magazine and said, "ok" , and then went back to reading. I heard her mumble, "That is a big word.....makes me sound important". So perhaps it really is a complement. [​IMG]

6. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    Quote:I would say thats the equivlant of a mom saying "whatever" and rolling her eyes lol

7. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Yea. My mom would probably think it was a compliment to. She does the same stuff with our horse. Like mother, like daughter, I guess. No getting away from that one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by