The hunting/fishing thread!

The city folk don't want hunting...or sharpshooters...or deer eating their landscaping. They want birth control or relocation.
It's legal for shotgun on my property but people about a quarter mile away called the police. Big hassle at dusk...had 2 police departments and DNR. First officer on site was anti hunting and tried to make a big deal out of legal hunting.... I just have bow hunting now. I use a 22 on trapped predators, haven't had any issue.
I wish city people would live in our shoes for once 😒

I rent the house on a 320 acre farm. There is 220 tillable acres and the rest being a mix of marsh and hardwoods. I am only allowed to hunt the 200 acre field which is across the road from the marsh and woods. It gets little to no deer traffic because by hunting season it is tilled to bare dirt by the farmer that rents it. For the last two years the farmer lost an estimated 20 acres worth of crop damage to deer and the farmer still doesn't like when people harvest does from the property (because does make more bucks). Our one square mile block average is 55+ deer per block, way too many in my opinion. Buck to doe ratio is estimated to be 12 doe to 1 breeding buck. Most of the bucks appear skinny by the end of the breeding season. It's not unusual to see a spike buck tending a doe. In my area it's all private property and land owners are not likely to let anybody else hunt their property. My brother own 178 acres and normally harvests 4-6 deer annually to help feed his family. He is usually done hunting by the end of November.
This area in southern Michigan has been very susceptible to various diseases running rampant and killing 75% of the herd which brings it down to a manageable number.

i hunted white tail and mule deer this last season.
i got a small white tail buck. i had no luck on the mule deer as i only had doe tag and seemed only bucks wanted to show up.

quite a few deer where i hunt, my family owns about 460 acres of land, got to be about 20 white tail on it at any given time. they rent it out and the renter (who is also my friend) lets us hunt his land, lots of white tail and mule deer as well. (plus quite a few farmland moose)

we also own 160 acres near the northern forest. (about 3 miles south of northern provincial forest which goes all the way to the arctic) which is where i bear, white tail and elk hunt.

I didn't get anything either, I saw a whole bunch on private though ITS LIKE THEY KNOW THE PROPERTY LINES :barnie:barnie

I'm gonna put in for a different unit this year where I can hunt some private, so hopefully il get something this year
Yours know property lines, mine can read the calendar and tell time. The buck I’d been watching in our grassland - since spring - quit showing up during the day, but we saw him on the game cam several nights after dark.

Yours know property lines, mine can read the calendar and tell time. The buck I’d been watching in our grassland - since spring - quit showing up during the day, but we saw him on the game cam several nights after dark.
We have very smart bucks up here. I think it’s a Minnesota thing where all males of a species are 10 times smarter than the females..

1644865170947.gif

Back
Top Bottom