The hunting/fishing thread!

I went ice fishing . Nothing . I needed to get out so success there .
I wanted to go today, but setting up a portable house in the 35-40 mph winds we have today is extremely hard to do. Without being blown off the lake.

1644593786897.gif

Wouldn't it be better to hunt bear in the fall when they are nice and fat from eating all summer? I would think the bear in the spring would be too skinny and not good eating
depends, a fall bear that has been eating good foods (such as grain or berries) would be awesome, on the flip side if its one that is eating meat or other gross foods it will taste bad.

in spring the bears i have eaten have been great. very mild. and not as lean as i thought they would be.

i should also note about why i hunt in the spring.

the main reason, is my bee hives are where i hunt bears. got two electric fences around the bees but still have the odd bear who wants to test the fence. so if i take a bear (or two as we can legally buy two tags here) to help keep there numbers in check. plus the meat is really good in spring.

What's the recipe?
I used 1oz of unflavored gelatin to 1.5 cups of water but it wasn't viscous enough and I was reading the thing wrong.

It is 1oz gelatin to 1 cup water and this guy does a bigger batch with higher concentration but I've watched like 20 youtube videos and they all said 1:1 ratio for gelatin.
I deduced that this guy had the best technique and mine turned out great
Here is the video:

Back
Top Bottom