THe i want to slap my stepdaughter upside her head rant by Conny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
This will probably make you upset and I'm sorry, but you both need to grow up. Even if she's 18 she's the kid here and your attitude isn't helping. I don't know all the history of you two, but I know there's always 3 sides to every story....hers, hers, and the truth. Coming on a public forum and cursing your step-daughter isn't real grown-up. My son-in-law & daughter didn't get along with his step mom either, but they took the high road and never stooped to her level and now they have an ok relationship. She'll always be his daughter and you might not always be his wife and she knows that.

Quote:
another fav. of hers is to refer to me as"my dads current wife" or "the woman my dad is currently married to".
i think i need a lot of ice creme today.

Quote:
Are you kidding me?!? Your DH needs to step up and tell those girls in no uncertain terms that you are to be respected. He needs to be on your side.

He is doing THEM a disservice by allowing them to disrespect you b/c you are German. He's allowing them to act like bigots. That should not be tolerated in ANY household.

Coni, I think they are jealous of you and the place you hold in their father's life.

I'm spitting mad for you just reading this.

Hey there's nothing wrong with a rant. No real names were used. And it was the step daughter who got snotty. And who's to say that she won't be his wife forever. She's not asking him to pick either of them but she is demanding not to be called dirty names. That's not asking too much.

Quote:
That's it in a nutshell. They need to understand that he has enough love for everyone. He's the one that needs to prove it as well.

Quote:
This will probably make you upset and I'm sorry, but you both need to grow up. Even if she's 18 she's the kid here and your attitude isn't helping. I don't know all the history of you two, but I know there's always 3 sides to every story....hers, hers, and the truth. Coming on a public forum and cursing your step-daughter isn't real grown-up. My son-in-law & daughter didn't get along with his step mom either, but they took the high road and never stooped to her level and now they have an ok relationship. She'll always be his daughter and you might not always be his wife and she knows that.

I think a big part of the problem is their mother. She feeds them all kind of lies and i can do nothing about it. But i was raised to show respect to my elders and have still a bit a hard time of figuring out what the world is turning into.

Quote:

hide.gif
I'm sorry too, but I've got to agree with Katy.

First of all - I dont know ANY wife and husband that "Myspace" to each other
hu.gif
- you're married - why would you MySpace messages to one another? Seems to me you KNOW this is an issue, has been since you married him so you're inviting this behavior in a way by going out and posting on your husbands Myspace page, clearly set up by him because his children and ex-wife live far away from your post.

Divorces dont always end on negative ground; children were born out of love at some point in time, thats why they (ex-wife and your hubby) were married to begin with, they loved each other. Just because they are divorced doesnt mean they hate each other. Those children will ALWAYS be in his life - until he dies... so you will have to deal with those children for the rest of the time you and your husband remain together. Its how you deal with it that makes the difference. Its not up to your husband, its you to you. If an invitation came addressed that way - sorry, but they are clearly in the right if they dont want you there - no moreso than you not wanting them at an event you would throw.

Time to own up and step up and be the adult - no more putting messages on DH's myspace page...and I still dont understand why would you even put something like "Remember I love you more" out there to begin with unless you were looking to start an argument?

I think that teenagers are vying for any attention they can get normally... In a situation like this they will fight for it tooth & nail. and if you try to fight back... your DH will win every time, because a parent will never go against their child if they feel they are being threatened... (even if it isn't the right thing).
THe girls obviously haven't gotten over their father divorcing their mother... and are taking it out on you. It doesn't help that the EX wife is getting involved.

How do they treat their step Father?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom