The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics

Alistair the Bold! A cheeky chicken!
wink.png

I have wanted jubilee orps for three years. I finally found two locally to buy!!! I am praying each night that these end up being a pair. The darker one feathered out quicker. So by reading this thread, I am hoping that the whiter one is a boy and the darker one is a girl. Any thoughts? They are five or six weeks old.
1f601.png

:fl

I have wanted jubilee orps for three years. I finally found two locally to buy!!! I am praying each night that these end up being a pair. The darker one feathered out quicker. So by reading this thread, I am hoping that the whiter one is a boy and the darker one is a girl. Any thoughts? They are five or six weeks old.
1f601.png

fl.gif
I would agree. You have a pair. Congrats!

Why do some jubilee orp juveniles have barring/penciling type markings and some don't? I have birds from different sources and have noticed some variance. I'm also seeing some that mature to a gorgeous mahogany color and others are more reddish. ???

Why do some jubilee orp juveniles have barring/penciling type markings and some don't? I have birds from different sources and have noticed some variance. I'm also seeing some that mature to a gorgeous mahogany color and others are more reddish. ???
I've noticed this as well. I have three roos all from Greenfire and all three a different in their coloring. Only one is the deep mahogany. One is more white. One is stunningly red. All three gorgeous though.

Back
Top Bottom