The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Awesome. I really like her and I've already gotten 10 other hens from her that are very nice and am pleased with them. Just new to chickens and still learning! You guys are awesome for advice!!

Awesome. I really like her and I've already gotten 10 other hens from her that are very nice and am pleased with them. Just new to chickens and still learning! You guys are awesome for advice!!

Lol welcome. You will love them. They are beautiful fluff balls. Mine have so much personality. I also recommend buff orpingtons. They are not as fancy but they are the most friendly chickens I've ever owned next to my silkies. :) we have one that actually gives hugs lol. :)

I have someone that has offered a Jubilee Orpington and a Black Orpington.  The Jubilee is a juvenile and she is asking about $60.....does this price sound right or on the high side?  thanks!!!

I sell straight run chicks for $15 each and I sold a few pullets for $50 each. I sell birds pretty cheap though. If I was willing to ship I could get a lot more but I don't want the hassle and the local market won't bring more.

Okay so about two weeks ago I added a Jubilee and blue Orpington to my mixed flock. They were picked on in the beginning but are fitting in well now. I was told they get their feathers from head and then bottom last. They both still have little stumps but no feathers on their bottoms. When should I expect them to start growing in tail feathers? Sorry the pics aren't any better. I'm on my mobile so hope I'm posting correctly. Apologies if not.

Last edited:
Okay so about two weeks ago I added a Jubilee and blue Orpington to my mixed flock. They were picked on in the beginning but are fitting in well now. I was told they get their feathers from head and then bottom last. They both still have little stumps but no feathers on their bottoms. When should I expect them to start growing in tail feathers? Sorry the pics aren't any better. I'm on my mobile so hope I'm posting correctly. Apologies if not.

The top bird appears to be black, not blue. It could be the lighting though.

As for the tails, do they have the pope's nose? That's the triangle bit of flesh and bone that makes the tail. The tail feathers grow out from there. Go catch them off the roost tonight and let us know. You can check for feather shafts coming at the same time too.

Back
Top Bottom