The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Thanks for all the great information! I have the standards for this breed. I did not think I needed the whole book... at least not yet... lol. Anyway, here are a few pics of my chickens. They are very camera shy so the pictures are not good. They always seem to have their heads down when I try to snap some pictures. The one of Titan (my roo) is alittle deceiving. He is actually taller but in this picture he is kinda crunched down. The next picture is of my pair of girls. They look alittle butterbally looking in the pictures because they have a huge behind but when standing up they do have a back... what is everyone's thoughts of their shape (at least from what you can see in the pictures)? Thanks for all the feedback!
Those pullets look great! The blue as wonderful lacing! If I had those pullets I would work on trying to widen them a bit...it could just be the angle of the pic or that they are just pullets still but they do look a bit more slim than what I personally like. Now it is all up to you, but...if that rooster was mine I would not breed him because I do not like his long tail feathers, his wing carriage is a bit low though he could just be showing off for his girls. I would also like to see a bigger (wider, longer) skirt on him. I really love his face though, nice comb, really good size wattles and ear lobes that seems to be the hardest to maintain in the orps at least for me.

Thanks for all the great information! I have the standards for this breed. I did not think I needed the whole book... at least not yet... lol. Anyway, here are a few pics of my chickens. They are very camera shy so the pictures are not good. They always seem to have their heads down when I try to snap some pictures. The one of Titan (my roo) is alittle deceiving. He is actually taller but in this picture he is kinda crunched down. The next picture is of my pair of girls. They look alittle butterbally looking in the pictures because they have a huge behind but when standing up they do have a back... what is everyone's thoughts of their shape (at least from what you can see in the pictures)? Thanks for all the feedback!

My roo Titan

My girls (Lucy and Ethel)
I think they look good. Your Cock has really nice feathers and so does your blue girl . I can see the black pullet that well. I will look forward to seeing your offspring from this grouoopo

I finally got some decent pics today of my 75% Eng lavender Orps. They are just coming up on 6 mo old. I got them from Nellie @ FancyChicks as 2 wk olds. I finally made a decision on the 2 boys I would keep for breeding & think I made the right choices. I am wondering what everyone thinks of them?
pic 1 & 2 are the of same roo, pics 3 & 4 are the second roo. Both are big wide boys & such sweet hearts!

Quote:
DragonLady have you ever used DE on your flock? i added a cat litter pan to my orps coop i put sand in the pan & some DE i figured when they take a dust bath they will get a little of the DE on them which should keep any bugs from thinking my orps would be a good home. we also add a drop or 2 ACV in their 5 gallons of drinking water i got tired of dirty water so i added a bucket with 4 nipples & a lid that has a hinge in the middle for easy filling. piglett

Richard, can you post a pic of the choc cuckoo bantams. I have some pics but have no idea how to post pics.

i had the same problem Don i am not a tech kind of guy go to photobucket.com the account is free then upload your pics there then post the link here good luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom