The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I think a regular isabel crossed with a mottled would get you the end result quicker. Someone correct me if I am wrong...
You could use a Jubilee for this cross, though I think it would be better to just do the lavender to Jubilee mating - then of course you would breed those chicks back together to make porcelain.

I think a regular isabel crossed with a mottled would get you the end result quicker. Someone correct me if I am wrong... 
You could use a Jubilee for this cross, though I think it would be better to just do the lavender to Jubilee mating - then of course you would breed those chicks back together to make porcelain. 

That is my project, sadly the chances of getting porcelain are pretty slim. I figure ill be at it for at least three years.

Hi finally I can join I have wanted a buff orp for ages but no one ever had one
I have other chickens light Sussex's and a common brown hen but now I have a buff orp yay
1f603.png
1f604.png
1f600.png
1f60a.png
1f606.png

She is called jazzabelle, jazzie for short and is still shy does anyone have any tips to get her tame or tamer.

Here are a few of my orps :) I have chocolate, black , and jubilees. I also have lavenders but they aren't english. The chocolates are 4 1/2 months, the blacks are 3 1/2 months, and the Jubilees and lavenders are 2 months. Love them all!

Very nice birds thndr69!

I took a few pictures today of what I have culled down to for my project Lavenders...I kept 6 pullets out of 11 and culled all 3 lavender cockerels I had. They, along with the Black cockerel I will be breeding them with are 26 weeks old (tomorrow) and at least 2 of them have started laying!

This is the cockerel I will be breeding to the above lavenders this fall to hopefully improve the lavenders type.
I need a bit of help here, I need to know if this is what I should be doing or not.

what I plan to do with this project is: This Black Cockerel x These Lavender Pullets =
F1 Black Splits

F1 Black Splits x F1 Black Splits =
Black, Black Splits, Lavender

out of the Split x Split breeding I will cull everything but the lavenders...now i could stop there and I am sure that they would be improved greatly BUT I would like to cross those lavender pullets (which I guess would be F2 Lavenders?) back to the original black cockerel (which would be their grandfather) Then again breed their offspring together which would be Split x Split again and cull all of the splits offspring except their lavenders, then I would breed those lavenders together...which would be F4 lavenders right? and they would produce F5 lavenders correct? I hope I did not confuse you LOL...what I want to know is if when I want to cross the F2 lavenders back to a nice Black English boy would it be ok if I breed them back to their grandfather or should I get another black cockerel?

He is the most difficult littler bugger to get a good picture of. He either has his head down eating or "dancing" around the girls.

He looks odd here, he was in the middle of cleaning himself.

This is one of the sisters to the black cockerel above...this picture does her no justice, she is HUGE!

and I just had to share this blue boy! he is only 18 weeks old but has a wonderful shape already!

Very nice birds thndr69!

I took a few pictures today of what I have culled down to for my project Lavenders...I kept 6 pullets out of 11 and culled all 3 lavender cockerels I had. They, along with the Black cockerel I will be breeding them with are 26 weeks old (tomorrow) and at least 2 of them have started laying!

This is the cockerel I will be breeding to the above lavenders this fall to hopefully improve the lavenders type.
I need a bit of help here, I need to know if this is what I should be doing or not.

what I plan to do with this project is: This Black Cockerel x These Lavender Pullets =
F1 Black Splits

F1 Black Splits x F1 Black Splits =
Black, Black Splits, Lavender

out of the Split x Split breeding I will cull everything but the lavenders...now i could stop there and I am sure that they would be improved greatly BUT I would like to cross those lavender pullets (which I guess would be F2 Lavenders?) back to the original black cockerel (which would be their grandfather) Then again breed their offspring together which would be Split x Split again and cull all of the splits offspring except their lavenders, then I would breed those lavenders together...which would be F4 lavenders right? and they would produce F5 lavenders correct? I hope I did not confuse you LOL...what I want to know is if when I want to cross the F2 lavenders back to a nice Black English boy would it be ok if I breed them back to their grandfather or should I get another black cockerel?

He is the most difficult littler bugger to get a good picture of. He either has his head down eating or "dancing" around the girls.

He looks odd here, he was in the middle of cleaning himself.

This is one of the sisters to the black cockerel above...this picture does her no justice, she is HUGE!

and I just had to share this blue boy! he is only 18 weeks old but has a wonderful shape already!
You have some of the nicest Lavenders I've seen.I think your project will improve type and most of all, feather quality.Good luck !

Back
Top Bottom