The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Sooo cool ! I learned how to get a still picture from the iPad video I just made...

Meet Pearl, my 6 month old.
This girl is gorgeous!

Not an iPad, but to put up pics from my iPhone I use Tapatalk, you cannot load pics from phone through the mobile site without an app of some sort.

Was hoping to get some input on Our Lemon Cuckoo Roo.
About 9 Months in this pic.
nice looking boy
we have one that looks a lot like him
we had some light colored buff orpingtons
lighter than any orpington i have seen
we put our boy over them
will put some of the best looking pullets in with him next year
we will have to see what 75% lemon cuckoo birds look like

Does anyone know -- How much layer feed in gram does a 4kg Orpington eat in a week ?
frow.gif
i friend of mine had 5 hens in his flock
he went through 50 pounds of feed a month
so i would say 1 adult birds would consume about 10 ponds or in your case 5kg +/- every month
now if you have an area so he can go eat lots of gras & bugs your feed bill will go way down.

I am looking for some English Orpington Eggs, pullets or laying hens, in either Blue, Splash or black, if any of you have any and would like to share, I would be very happy to talk to you about purchasing.

I presently have a pair of Blue English Orpingtons, and would love to expand my brood.

Thank you,
what state are you in?
my britts look to be on strike
i am finding feathers in the coop so i think they are in a slow molt
but maybe someone here can help you

welcome to the forum
piglett

i friend of mine had 5 hens in his flock
he went through 50 pounds of feed a month
so i would say 1 adult birds would consume about 10 ponds or in your case 5kg +/- every month
now if you have an area so he can go eat lots of gras & bugs your feed bill will go way down.
I generally figure 5-6 adult birds (in my case a very mixed flock of Marans, EE, BO and some crossbreeds) will eat about 50 pounds a month. Figuring out how much chicks are going to eat in a month is a whole other story. Since I order feed every two months I have to make sure I have enough to get to the next order. So whenever I open a bag of feed I write it on my calender. Then when I order I can look back and see on average how much of each type I go through in a week, helps me figure out how much to order for the next two months.

Back
Top Bottom