The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

we broke down and picked up 3 Jubilees. One is suffering from rollover syndrome. Here I'm giving her a mix of Pedialyte and vitamins. That was yesterday. We half expected her to be gone this morning but she was up and pecking at food with the other two. It was only for a short while but then she went back to doing somersaults or walking backwards. Gave her more to drink and she is sleeping now.
here is our sick chick.we expect a negative outcome but are hopeful anyway.

Last edited:
we broke down and picked up 3 Jubilees. One is suffering from rollover syndrome. Here I'm giving her a mix of Pedialyte and vitamins. That was yesterday. We half expected her to be gone this morning but she was up and pecking at food with the other two. It was only for a short while but then she went back to doing somersaults or walking backwards. Gave her more to drink and she is sleeping now.
here is our sick chick.we expect a negative outcome but are hopeful anyway.

Try PolyViSol without iron, it's infant vitamins and I find it works in about 48 hours. Do you have this one isolated from the others? It may get picked on in its vulnerable state. Good luck!

Will give that to the chick today. It is already better than yesterday. The other two leave it alone most of the time. When they do spend tine around it, they sleep together. I have a second broodet, as seen in the photo if it gets picked on. The other twi scratching and pecking at food serms to inspire the sickly one to join in. Will seperate if he gets picked on. Thanks

Hello, I have Crele, Cuckoo, Red Cuckoo, Red Crele, Jubilee, Isabel Cuckoo & Mottled/Spangled.
I am wondering what would I get with a Cuckoo/ Crele roo with Mottled Spangled hen or in reverse? A Cuckoo / Crele hen with a Mottled /Spangled Roo?
Has anyone tried this?
I would love to see the two dark cuckoo hens and the Mottled Roo. The dark hens are so dark with cuckooing.
Also wondering if anyone has attempted a Cuckoo Roo with a Jubilee hen?

Last edited:
Hello, I have Crele, Cuckoo, Red Cuckoo, Red Crele, Jubilee, Isabel Cuckoo & Mottled/Spangled.
I am wondering what would I get with a Cuckoo/ Crele roo with Mottled Spangled hen or in reverse? A Cuckoo / Crele hen with a Mottled /Spangled Roo?
Has anyone tried this?
I would love to see the two dark cuckoo hens and the Mottled Roo. The dark hens are so dark with cuckooing.
Also wondering if anyone has attempted a Cuckoo Roo with a Jubilee hen?
@ApiaryandAviary , your Crele X Cuckoo mixed birds might look something similar to this.

Good luck!

Hello.
Still seriously downsizing.
Getting them all down to to Isabel & Red-Cuckoo-Crele.
Master plan to work on auto sex link Red Crele.

Last edited:
Hello! I currently have a 5 week old and 3 week old black english orphington chicks! And today I am picking up two blue english orphingtons. Im so surprised how big these guys are! I have two amarican lavendrs at 4 weeks old and both blacks are huge compared them!

Anyway I am so glad to have these amazing birds, ...ill pics soon as my phone lets me.

Back
Top Bottom