The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I was told, "It happens sometimes." I just figured, if it is true that in the past some of the Orps in England really were crossed with Cochins, as some say, well.............. it makes sense to me.
idunno.gif
No big deal to me.

Quote:
You mean full blown feathered stubs between the toes and along the shanks? In older birds or chicks? I believe it is pretty common to see fuzz on the shanks of Bantam Chocolate Orp chicks...but normally that disappears by the time they are feathered out....but I cant say always.

I've had the stubs happen in BLRW bantams but never the english orps. Yet!!! I have to agree I think you can see anything pop up or out in chickens. That's why breeders say cull! I don't think it's a big deal either but who knows.......

Hi All,

I wanted to share a picture of my new Buff Part English Orp. I bought her from a breeder in ME. I'm really liking her type I just hope she gets all that fluff to go with it
wink.png

61583_buff_english_orp_pullet_4_101011.jpg

61583_buff_english_orp_pullet_101011.jpg

61583_buff_english_orp_pullet_3_101011.jpg

I think she's just the cutest thing ever.... And, would LOVE to have more!!!

I too was told that the true english orps were bred to cochins too from this breeder I bought her from. Interesting. I do not see any feather stubs or anything.

Beth G. :

Hi All,

I wanted to share a picture of my new Buff Part English Orp. I bought her from a breeder in ME. I'm really liking her type I just hope she gets all that fluff to go with it
wink.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_buff_english_orp_pullet_4_101011.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_buff_english_orp_pullet_101011.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/61583_buff_english_orp_pullet_3_101011.jpg

I think she's just the cutest thing ever.... And, would LOVE to have more!!!

I too was told that the true english orps were bred to cochins too from this breeder I bought her from. Interesting. I do not see any feather stubs or anything.

I like her! Hope you do get more of those.​

Well today I gave my 2 best blue pullets a bath for the first time. We are entered in the Stevenson Wa show this weekend! Wish us luck! These are 2 of the chicks that I got from Julie. I am excited to see how they do.

Carol

Quote:
You mean full blown feathered stubs between the toes and along the shanks? In older birds or chicks? I believe it is pretty common to see fuzz on the shanks of Bantam Chocolate Orp chicks...but normally that disappears by the time they are feathered out....but I cant say always.

I didn't see anything as a chick. This is a 100% English lf bird, he has only a little along the shank but it is noticeable. I will try to get a pic. He is 4.5 months old...

Quote:

I didn't see anything as a chick. This is a 100% English lf bird, he has only a little along the shank but it is noticeable. I will try to get a pic. He is 4.5 months old...

klf73 may I ask who you got yours from ?

Quote:

klf73 may I ask who you got yours from ?

Well, since I haven't told the breeder yet I don't feel comfortable mentioning it..... I just wanted to know how common it was?

Back
Top Bottom