The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote:
A few of my young Blues still have white tipped feathers, mostly in their wings. I've never seen a bird mature and keep the white though.

Honestly, I would love to find out if it were some sort of recessive mottling gene hidden in my line, I would definitely begin working on Mottled Orps then, I think they're gorgeous.

Quote:
A few of my young Blues still have white tipped feathers, mostly in their wings. I've never seen a bird mature and keep the white though.

Honestly, I would love to find out if it were some sort of recessive mottling gene hidden in my line, I would definitely begin working on Mottled Orps then, I think they're gorgeous.

I thought about Spangled Orps when I saw her, too. I think they are gorgeous but I don't want to sell someone a spangled orp when they are expecting BBS. Fortunately this is a person that started as a customer and turned into a good chicken-buddy.

Here's a site with pictures.
droolin.gif

Edited to correct some really bad grammar. Sale? Sell? I blame my inability to use the right one on the fact that I live in East Tennessee where they have the same pronunciation!

Last edited:
Quote:

I thought about Spangled Orps when I saw her, too. I think they are gorgeous but I don't want to sell someone a spangled orp when they are expecting BBS. Fortunately this is a person that started as a customer and turned into a good chicken-buddy.

droolin.gif

Edited to correct some really bad grammar. Sale? Sell? I blame my inability to use the right one on the fact that I live in East Tennessee where they have the same pronunciation!

Sale, Sail, Sell, Cell......we are in southeast Arkansas! Its all the same!

Quote:

droolin.gif

The birds on that site are my dream Orpingtons... I've had Nigel and Jane's page bookmarked forever and I find myself drooling over their birds all the time. I would give a leg for Orpingtons of that calibur here in the US.

Hi -
Anybody have pics of buff English Orps? I need to add a little color to my small BBS flock. I don't show, but I certainly love looking at my flock of HUGE pets:)
Thanks!!

Quote:

droolin.gif

Sale, Sail, Sell, Cell......we are in southeast Arkansas! Its all the same!

Hahaha! It's true! And it's two syllables... "Saiyell"

Back
Top Bottom