The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Thanks Galanie, I just love these birds, they are so layed back & easy to get along with, although my young rooster is getting a little cocky toward other roosters, but cant realy blame him thats his ladys.

Quote:
That is red leakage on a Splash, not blue. Lilidikem had a nice Brown Red Orpington he developed shown at Crossroads. Maybe you should look at developing your own line of Brown Reds. Cross him on a Black hen and see what you get. Then post so everyone will know!

Quote:
That is red leakage on a Splash, not blue. Lilidikem had a nice Brown Red Orpington he developed shown at Crossroads. Maybe you should look at developing your own line of Brown Reds. Cross him on a Black hen and see what you get. Then post so everyone will know!

THANK YOU!!
hugs.gif
. I will do that and see what we get. I love him, he is a character and huge. His little brother is a month behind and doesn't have the personality yet that this guy does.
Thanks again for the help.
Nellie

I have permission to post the picture of the white spotted pullet. She is really young. Less than six months, I believe.

90094_img_5346-copy.jpg

Is this something that just happens? Should I be trying to find out her exact parents to make sure it doesn't happen again or is it no big deal?

I am really going to have to break down at some point and learn something about genetics.

Quote:
JMO... but given her age looks like juvenile feathering to me. You see allot of black and blue orps that will have white tips here and there and it usually goes away as they get adult feathering or their first molt. Nothing I would be too concerned about at this point.
smile.png

ps- saw several at Crossroads this past weekend with white "tips" here and there or even a full white wing feather, all were young birds.
wink.png

Quote:
My feed back is that I want first on the list
big_smile.png

now those are some really really nice birds..not too cochiney..darned near perfect bantam orps..somone did a fantastic job on those..Im not a bantam person but If I were I would like to be 2nd on that list..boy Ive seen a few that I didnt like..had to do a triple take to see if they were even orps ..but these are as good as I have ever seen.little bits of eye candy

Last edited:
Quote:
It is red leakage from her line of birds. I have had to deal with it in a few BBS roosters hatched from her hatching eggs. Do NOT use them in your breeding program. If you want to try a project maybe but I don't think any certain pattern would come from it for years and years. My 2 cents!

Quote:

That came out of a breeding and he has the genetics there thats not just red leakage.

Back
Top Bottom