The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Julie, I can't be certain because I didn't do any select pairings but I do think that the Blue pullet is from Splash X Blue.

My hen Alice has the same sort of lacing in her hackles, none of the other pullets seem to be showing that yet.

So, I think this is her momma.

IMG_5766.jpg

ETA: Alice was still growing in some of her hackle feathers after molting in this picture.

Last edited:
Jeremy,

Thank you for your kind words on the barring on my lemon Roo, my lemons have great barring again I cull very hard, these also are a work in progress. Just like any English import Orpington. I have to say your Blue pullet has such beauitful lacing that they are right up with cooks! Again nice job
smile.png

Marie

SOUTH OF TIME ULTRA RARE POULTRY
www.Southoftime.com
[email protected]

Quote:
WOWSERS !! What a beauty she is going to be. I agree with Julie, absolutely fabulous lacing. Please keep posting updated photos of her. I'll be really anxious to see how she matures.

Marie - would love to see larger pictures of your birds. These old eyes can't see those smaller photos !! They look really nice. I am not a huge fan of Lemons, but I do love Jubilees.

Quote:
They are "thumbnails." Just click on them and they will get bigger.

Thanks Kathy - not only am I old and blind, I'm old and computer illiterate !!
old.gif

Joy,

good afternoon, if you click on the photo it makes it larger
smile.png

I'm a little ding a ling when it comes to up here on the fourm myself
big_smile.png

Marie

SOUTH OF TIME ULTRA RARE POULTRY

Pictures can be downloaded as "images" too and then will automatically come through HUGE so that we can see everything.
big_smile.png
I like the Jubilee pattern myself and have a question. Is it a true spangled pattern like the speckled Sussex or is it a white mottling on top of the basic color? True spangles have a black demarkation between the white and the ground color but because of the overall dark color even other photos I've seen of Jubilee Orps haven't clued me in.

Back
Top Bottom