The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

They sure are slow to mature aren't they? The are about 8 months old. How old are yours?
I don't have the gold laced but they sure are pretty, what lines are yours, really stunning Nellie

My jubilees are 9 months.... so if it's not enough that they are slow to mature, I have one deranged hen that sits in the nest box for some time and then comes out and lays the egg as she walks down the ramp....
th.gif

I don't have the gold laced but they sure are pretty, what lines are yours, really stunning Nellie

My jubilees are 9 months.... so if it's not enough that they are slow to mature, I have one deranged hen that sits in the nest box for some time and then comes out and lays the egg as she walks down the ramp....
th.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Yes, I have a silly Gold Lace that lays one outside every day, what's up with that.........

(Mine are from Greenfire.)

I want to make sure I am right in my choice of the roo that is going will the girls. "Correct" jubilee coloring is the one on the right, am I correct? His eye is reflecting the sun...

the one on the left does have red on his back but obviously has more black in his chest. There is some deep red on his head and there is some in his breast but not that obvious in the pic. He is still staying here to put with any girls that might need more black but wanted to choose the one that is more correct in color as the primary roo.

Thanks aveca glad to here they are comming along good for you, good luck on your hatch !!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know someone who is wanting to sale an Imported Chocolate Orpington roo. I bought 3 straight run Chocolates about 5 months ago and they all turned out to be girls. So my girls need a boy. :0(

Hello all:
I am looking for some English Black orp eggs to put under my broody BR (she is just a miscellaneous layer/pet we have). I have scanned the "auction" site but without knowing who they are that are selling the eggs I am very - leary. I do want eggs that come from quality stock. Could you please PM me or send me in the direction if you are having an auction. I have a cockerel and 2 pullets, but they have just not yet given me fertile eggs - cold and gray and damp here and they are still fairly young. But we keep trying.

I want to allow my BR to be broody...but I don't want miscellaneous eggs...so I thought what better than to see if I could hunt down a few Black orp eggs to let her have.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Only one I know of that has been selling quality 100% English hatching eggs here is Rebel Yell. You can trust him and his eggs. He's a good person and I've gotten eggs from him before myself.

Hello all:
I am looking for some English Black orp eggs to put under my broody BR (she is just a miscellaneous layer/pet we have). I have scanned the "auction" site but without knowing who they are that are selling the eggs I am very - leary. I do want eggs that come from quality stock. Could you please PM me or send me in the direction if you are having an auction. I have a cockerel and 2 pullets, but they have just not yet given me fertile eggs - cold and gray and damp here and they are still fairly young. But we keep trying.

I want to allow my BR to be broody...but I don't want miscellaneous eggs...so I thought what better than to see if I could hunt down a few Black orp eggs to let her have.

Thank you in advance for your time.

I see you are a member of UOC. They have a buy and sell section now but you have to log on to post what you want to buy or sell. You are talking about buying UK blood since all Orpingtons are English. Some people when advertising do a play with words to mislead the buyer so you should be very cautious what you purchase. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom