The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Is this a Cuckoo orpington, it was sold to me as a maran, but i'm starting to have doubts. She hasn't started laying yet so can't tell for sure.

Not a Cuckoo Marans. She is most likely an Orp and a pretty girl :) You really can't tell by looking at leg feathering or egg color on the Cuckoo Marans either because many come without feathered legs and lay very light brown eggs just depending on the breeder you get them from. This girl is shaped like an Orpington and her face is also more shaped like an Orp than a Marans from what I can see (especially in that second photo). She could possibly be a mix too and just inherited the body of an Orp.

Last edited:
397725_329959053784186_2146462623_n.jpg
One of our black cockreals

248707_329967533783338_1549320679_n.jpg
Here is a red,silver laced and incomplete silver penciled orpington.these are about 3 months and created by me from my imported birds and out crosses. sorry bought the mess its pen cleaning today.

My Black EO's just keep getting prettier every day
big_smile.png

this is my first time owning English Orps but in my opinion they have great body types but I dont have a keen eye for flaws in this breed yet...though I do have a personal body type preference I like big, round and fluffy ...so I need someone with a more experienced eye to tell me if there are any flaws with my EO's and if so what are the flaws and how do I improve them? I am trying to breed to the English standard

Henry...he is HUGE I wish I had something to weigh him on but I would say he weighs at least 10 LBS already and he is only about 5 months old....how big are they supposed to get?...I cant imagine him getting any bigger but I know he will.

my trio

My Black EO's just keep getting prettier every day
big_smile.png

this is my first time owning English Orps but in my opinion they have great body types but I dont have a keen eye for flaws in this breed yet...though I do have a personal body type preference I like big, round and fluffy ...so I need someone with a more experienced eye to tell me if there are any flaws with my EO's and if so what are the flaws and how do I improve them? I am trying to breed to the English standard

Henry...he is HUGE I wish I had something to weigh him on but I would say he weighs at least 10 LBS already and he is only about 5 months old....how big are they supposed to get?...I cant imagine him getting any bigger but I know he will.

my trio

He looks more apa style than uk to me but he is very handsome.

Quote: thank you!! he is not as round as I like...but my trio's grand parents were directly imported from England and have not been crossed with American fowl so i know he has the quality in his blood he is just not showing it yet...but they are still very young..cant wait to see them in 6 months when they are all grown!!!

Back
Top Bottom