The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I too was very involved in horses and showing . After some bad spills over the years it just is not in the cards for me any more. So chickens here I come!

thumbsup.gif

Me too Nellie..Miss the big warmbloods, only natural I would choose biggest chickens to make up for my empty horse nest..well not quite empty..have 1 left.. LOL!

Quarter horses and paints here, thus the "rockinpaints", a handle I've had for over 20 years. Actually stemming from our farm Rockin' G Ranch and Paint horses combined. In a forum many years ago someone asked if I was an artist ........
lau.gif
........ I had to explain it stood for horses not paintings.

I used to show QHs as a youth. Somewhere along the lines I lost my nerve and I sold my last horse in May 2012 (grade Paint gelding, rescued). I also got a bit big after my last kid and decided not to ride anymore.

I decided if I got tired of the chickens, I can eat them. You can't do that with a horse and they cost a whole heck of a lot more to take care of.

Quarter horses and paints here, thus the "rockinpaints", a handle I've had for over 20 years.  Actually stemming from our farm Rockin' G Ranch and Paint horses combined.  In a forum many years ago someone asked if I was an artist ........:lau ........ I had to explain it stood for horses not paintings.

Isnt It funny, I Figured You might have Paint Horses..I had no idea we had so many horse people in here..and we all have a big love for the English orps Too.. how neat we all kind of met in this thread..won a few dressage championships on a quarter horse..what he lacked in scope and size he made up for in pure heart and we would just get lost in it..best time ever..as for the EOs all entertainment all day..had a hawk in the trees out back..the alarm went out..everybody ran..boo froze for a minute..when he finally took off galloping..we were in peels of laughter..he was holding his head way back like his feet couldn't get there fast enough..

Last edited:
Isnt It funny, I Figured You might have Paint Horses..I had no idea we had so many horse people in here..and we all have a big love for the English orps Too.. how neat we all kind of met in this thread..won a few dressage championships on a quarter horse..what he lacked in scope and size he made up for in pure heart and we would just get lost in it..best time ever..as for the EOs all entertainment all day..had a hawk in the trees out back..the alarm went out..everybody ran..boo froze for a minute..when he finally took off galloping..we were in peels of laughter..he was holding his head way back like his feet couldn't get there fast enough..

lau.gif
I can just picture that !

Funny y'all are talking about horses. I've been fitting my Arab mare for a couple of endurance rides this season and she flipped out in the trailer yesterday and now my wrist is broken. No rides for me anytime soon. :'(

I had no idea there were so many horse lovers on here. I have quarter horses. We team rope and I also barrel race. We raise corriente cattle and beef cattle as well. We are still very involved with horses and go to rodeos and team ropings every chance we get. So therefore I am unable to show my chickens. Plus I have a 19 month old daughter that soaks up a lot of time also. I love my chickens. I like big, stout horses so guessing its fitting that I chose English Orpingtons to raise. There's just something about horse people. We all stick together. I'm finding that's also true in the feather friend world. :)

Back
Top Bottom