The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Good luck. I will also be posting my first auction this weekend. I know I am going to have high blood pressure through the whole process.

What are you selling?

We live in town so I can't keep roosters, I so wish I could breed.

I just saw you're from Maryland! I'm assuming Western MD or Eastern Shore if you breed chickens. I know Maryland has a ton of laws on backyard chickens (lots of friends complaining on facebook haha). I'm from Maryland too, only in NC because my husband is stationed at Ft Bragg. It's not bad though, been here about 5 years. All my friends & family are back in Maryland though.

Last edited:
What are you selling?

We live in town so I can't keep roosters, I so wish I could breed.

I just saw you're from Maryland! I'm assuming Western MD or Eastern Shore if you breed chickens. I know Maryland has a ton of laws on backyard chickens (lots of friends complaining on facebook haha). I'm from Maryland too, only in NC because my husband is stationed at Ft Bragg. It's not bad though, been here about 5 years. All my friends & family are back in Maryland though.
I'm actually 11 miles from downtown D.C (but with traffic it can take over an hour). I have one of those 5 acre micro-farms that are at the end of the Metro line. There are no animal restrictions but Prince Georges country gets to tax every single square foot of the property as residential.

What I am going to auction is a surprise. But it is definitely very rare and not from England. Although I may auction off a Lavender Cuckoo Orp or another pair of English Orps.

I'm actually 11 miles from downtown D.C (but with traffic it can take over an hour). I have one of those 5 acre micro-farms that are at the end of the Metro line. There are no animal restrictions but Prince Georges country gets to tax every single square foot of the property as residential.

What I am going to auction is a surprise. But it is definitely very rare and not from England. Although I may auction off a Lavender Cuckoo Orp or another pair of English Orps.

Sounds great!
I didn't realize PG county allowed chickens. Most my friends are up in Baltimore County & Harford County where they don't without a ton of stipulations, and definitely no backyard set ups I believe the minimum land for any poultry is 2 acres.
I know about DC traffic all too well! I went to Univ of MD, so I lived in PG county for few years. In an apartment though, not a farm, which would have been much nicer!!!

Back
Top Bottom