The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

So excited we had one lonely Good Laced Orp chuck but as of today we hatched 4 out of our 8 shipped eggs. So here is hoping for a trio.

We have one chocolate cuckoo cockerel growing out so hopefully we van acquire a few more in the fall.

Our Mottleds are looking amazing and the chicks off our first pair r looking good. Hoping they mature well.

So excited we had one lonely Good Laced Orp chuck but as of today we hatched 4 out of our 8 shipped eggs. So here is hoping for a trio.

We have one chocolate cuckoo cockerel growing out so hopefully we van acquire a few more in the fall.

Our Mottleds are looking amazing and the chicks off our first pair r looking good. Hoping they mature well.

Congratulations! Good percentage for shipped eggs. Pictures please
love.gif

i think we need pictures ;)

Last edited:
Nellie, your birds are looking great! Such beautiful colors.
We've hatched our share of boys too.

Thank you
smile.png
. I think that is the reason I like the Orps so much, the color possibilities are endless, and of course their temperament, the round fluffy bodies, their huge size, their eggs, their personalities ............... did I miss anything .......

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I could use some opinions.
6+weeks ago, my first Lav Orps hatched. They are from mixed English & American bloodlines. I'm thinking I have both a Pullet(#1) & Roo(#2), but my female is getting tiny waddles. Most of my hens are Easter eggers, so I'm not familiar with waddle development. Is my number 1 a he or a she?

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I could use some opinions. 6+weeks ago, my first Lav Orps hatched. They are from mixed English & American bloodlines. I'm thinking I have both a Pullet(#1) & Roo(#2), but my female is getting tiny waddles. Most of my hens are Easter eggers, so I'm not familiar with waddle development. Is my number 1 a he or a she?
1 looks like a girl 2 looks like a boy

Back
Top Bottom